Old 12-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member
Seattle , Washington
I like that 17.5 Bigfoot. It looks more square and with more window area than some other similar ones I have seen. Some of the more rounded ones look cooler style-wise, and are cheaper, though older. Is there a good argument in favor of spending about twice as much for a newer Bigfoot vs an older one?

In general, the lower prices and tow issues of these fibergalss trailers seem really good to me especially vs pushing the limits with a bigger trailer or buying a new truck.

I hope I can find a way to make do with one for some long treks and wanderings. My recent trip through CO and the southwest really got me interested in exploring some less populated spaces at a slower pace.

pindraak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
2008 19' Bambi
Austin , Texas
I have been living full time in a 2008 19' Bambi for the past 1 1/2 years. I have found it to be small and as they say very cozy. What makes it nice to live in are the shiny walls, kind of like mirrors make rooms look larger, the light and the reflections make the Bambi seem larger than it is. I share the Bambi with a 80 lb shepard. He has a pillow infront of the fridge and he is easy to step over. I find that I have plenty of storage in the Bambi. Before getting the Bambi, I would take two week camping trips across the west on a Goldwing two up, and learned how to pack just the essentials. I tow my Bambi with a 4.7l v8 Jeep Commander, and have not had any problems on my many trips from Texas to Utah. I got the 19' because the location I live has a small parking lot and a 23' would have made parking just to tight.

c177tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:30 AM   #17
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We travel up to 13 weeks at a time in a 22' Interstate, which is a Class B motor home. The actual living space is quite small, but we love it and the freedom something so cost-effective gives us. The bathroom is tiny, and we prefer to use the public showers, but it is all part of the charm of life on the road.

As already said, it is all in the attitude. Living small leaves you $$ resources to do other things.

Good luck,

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member
1980 31' Excella II
Spring Hill , Florida
We've been full-timing in a 31 ft. A/S for almost three years and absolutely love it. You are looking to full-time for only a year so, you could probably adapt to any trailer for a year. My suggestion to you is to find a rally like the Canopener in January or, a Vintage Club rally and take a close look at these older/smaller Airstreams. The Vintage folks are great, fun people and will gladly help you figure out what size/type A/S you would most enjoy. Good luck and, please bring your A/S to the wonderful Airstream parks around our country.
mapley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Oracle , Arizona
You will do OK with a 19'-22'. Ours has a bathroom that is larger than some 30' and we have spaces we haven't used yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Utah.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	116731  
Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:05 AM   #20
1 Rivet Member
Seattle , Washington
I imagine it is possible to push the towing limits, but my unpleasant experiences with towing utility trailers and the probably massive amount of miles I'll be driving it makes me want to keep it well within the limit. It looks like the weights on the older Argosy trailers are low enough, so I guess it is between one of them and a used fiberglass. Both seem to be in the 5-10K price range. I might also consider the older Airstreams, but I'm not sure the style and shiny exterior are worth the extra $ to me.

I'd like to see a rally, but I don't think either of the ones mentioned will work for me.

pindraak is offline   Reply With Quote