Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1961 22' Safari
Union , Oregon
Sondor----------------
I believe it was Riverside. Yes, it was very tight. Another option to check is Roamers Rest south of Tigard on hyw 99W. It was there 45 years ago and I think it still is in operation. Yes, just checked, search Roamers Rest Tualatin.

The main point I was emphasizing was to make a personal appearance at the park to meet the owner/manager, explain what you are looking for, and for how long. Having your trailer with you or at least a recent photo hooked to your tow vehicle is a plus.

Sam
samb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:48 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
The main purpose of the 10 year policy, (we have it up here too), is to have an airtight excuse to keep out the "trailer trash". The premise is that low lifes can't afford trailers within the 10 year limit and can be excluded without discriminating against any individual. As advised above, have them check out your rig and ask if they might make an exception in your case.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:32 PM   #23

Wilsonville , Oregon
Just wanted to update the thread - I spoke with the three nearest RV parks and:

1) Would be willing to make an exception - no problem (but they did also mention they were very limited in full-time spot availability and projected to be out by spring, but may have some again next fall).
2) No exceptions - Didn't even care to discuss - prompt hang-up. Frankly, quite rude.
3) Not taking any more long-timers and stopped adding to the wait-list.

So not ideal, but it keeps the dream alive.

Thanks all for your input!

I guess now that's out of the way - the real AS questions will begin lol...
Sondor is offline   Reply With Quote