Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Better get it weighed before you go to far. Sounds like you put A LOT of things inside.
beetlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Sarasota , Florida
Best of luck Stan and Lynn!

Ron and I are (hopefully) just a few months away from the beginning of our FT adventure...I will be following closely! We're in Florida (Sarasota) and hoping to get to Maine in the Spring - sounds like we might have a similar route. We're also registered for the Canopener so hope to meet you both then.

I would be interested in seeing pictures of how you have outfitted your AS. We have a 2011 27FB and I just might want to be a copycat!

Lastly, what did you find to be the best way to "cull" down your belongings. Looking around our house I get so overwhelmed on how to actually sell, donate, get rid of "stuff" I become paralyzed. We'll store sentimental items (which we'll limit) and I'm not all that attached to the rest, but getting it all to go bye-bye -- what do you suggest?

Can't wait to hear about your travels.

Karis
AirKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
We are envious. See you at Canopener, if not before.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Full-Timing , All states!
Hi Karis!

I didn't see this until now because we've been too busy getting rid of all our stuff to start full-timing too! I'd be happy to offer my newfound advice. Private message me your email address?

PS: This was our yard sale sign. It got a lot of attention!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-538618625.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	789.7 KB
ID:	193903
Previously owned a 1965 Overlander, fully renovated it, then sold it after a year of full-time travel. We're taking a break from trailers to try a class A for a while, but we're still Airstreamers at heart!
Our blog | Video tour of our trailer
KristinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #25

2010 27' FB International
Forest Park , Illinois
Send a message via Skype™ to robineb
"Lastly, what did you find to be the best way to "cull" down your belongings. Looking around our house I get so overwhelmed on how to actually sell, donate, get rid of "stuff" I become paralyzed. We'll store sentimental items (which we'll limit) and I'm not all that attached to the rest, but getting it all to go bye-bye -- what do you suggest?"
We unexpectedly sold our house in 1 day and were faced with getting rid of all our stuff (except for some artwork and papers put in storage) in a very short period. We hired an estate sale company. They did all the sorting, pricing, selling. The cut they took was well worth it to us. They even recommended a "clean out" crew who took all the unsold stuff to charity AND cleaned the house for the new owners. We were actually on the road, full-timing, before the actual closing.
robineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
When we sold our cottage (cabin) we did a similar thing - we got an auction company to take care of the sale for us. We removed everything we wanted to keep, they took care of everything else.
andreasduess is offline   Reply With Quote