Old 08-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cloudland , Georgia
Well, one week to go before closing on the house and hitting the road. The trailer is loaded to the gills and the house mostly cleaned out. Outfitted the double wardrobe with adjustable shelving on one side to house the piles of folded shirts while allowing half the closet for hang-up clothes. Still, we culled at least half of our collection just to get it in. I wonder how long before we cull some more. Kitchen pots and pans are loaded. The good stuff...not the camping stuff. Now it's home in here. Wherever that may be.

Thanks to all who've wished us well. We look forward to joining you out there on the road. Looking forward to Alumilina, Canopener, and several other rallies and outings. Looking forward to shedding the sticks and bricks and feeling the freedom.

One more week. Pulling out on the 16th.

AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
StanandLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Spanish Fort , Alabama
Stan & Lynn,
You might find you like the "camping stuff" better -- I'll be glad to store some of your beautiful pottery for you till you start building again Don't forget those beautiful blue T's!! We will keep in touch - who knows you may still bump into Tom & Tater up at JC

Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
It is so exciting for you both! Safe Travels
Old 08-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Spring Hill , Florida
Welcome to full-timing. We are in our sixth year and are still loving the life style. It looks like you're well prepared to begin your adventure. Experience will help you refine your choices of what stuff to carry, what to store, and what to part with. Seeing first hand all that our great country has to offer is exciting but, the treasure of full-timing is the wonderful people you will meet along the way. Good Luck and Safe Travels.......
Old 08-09-2013, 05:20 AM   #19
http://airstreamorama.com

2013 27' FB International
Palm Springs , California
Congratulations...looking forward to hearing your progression from home to AS. I'm not far behind you...renting out my house here in Australia...just bought a 27FB International in the US and will be on the road by the end of the year I hope! Hope to meet you along the way!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanandLynn View Post
Well, one week to go before closing on the house and hitting the road. The trailer is loaded to the gills and the house mostly cleaned out. Outfitted the double wardrobe with adjustable shelving on one side to house the piles of folded shirts while allowing half the closet for hang-up clothes. Still, we culled at least half of our collection just to get it in. I wonder how long before we cull some more. Kitchen pots and pans are loaded. The good stuff...not the camping stuff. Now it's home in here. Wherever that may be.

Thanks to all who've wished us well. We look forward to joining you out there on the road. Looking forward to Alumilina, Canopener, and several other rallies and outings. Looking forward to shedding the sticks and bricks and feeling the freedom.

One more week. Pulling out on the 16th.
You say you culled half of your collection of clothes. I hope you kept your collection of "Life is Good" t-shirts. You life is about to get better. Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Better get it weighed before you go to far. Sounds like you put A LOT of things inside.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Sarasota , Florida
Best of luck Stan and Lynn!

Ron and I are (hopefully) just a few months away from the beginning of our FT adventure...I will be following closely! We're in Florida (Sarasota) and hoping to get to Maine in the Spring - sounds like we might have a similar route. We're also registered for the Canopener so hope to meet you both then.

I would be interested in seeing pictures of how you have outfitted your AS. We have a 2011 27FB and I just might want to be a copycat!

Lastly, what did you find to be the best way to "cull" down your belongings. Looking around our house I get so overwhelmed on how to actually sell, donate, get rid of "stuff" I become paralyzed. We'll store sentimental items (which we'll limit) and I'm not all that attached to the rest, but getting it all to go bye-bye -- what do you suggest?

Can't wait to hear about your travels.

Karis
Old 08-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Byhalia , Mississippi
We are envious. See you at Canopener, if not before.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Full-Timing , All states!
Hi Karis!

I didn't see this until now because we've been too busy getting rid of all our stuff to start full-timing too! I'd be happy to offer my newfound advice. Private message me your email address?

PS: This was our yard sale sign. It got a lot of attention!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-538618625.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	789.7 KB
ID:	193903
Previously owned a 1965 Overlander, fully renovated it, then sold it after a year of full-time travel. We're taking a break from trailers to try a class A for a while, but we're still Airstreamers at heart!
Our blog | Video tour of our trailer
KristinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB International
Livingston , Texas
"Lastly, what did you find to be the best way to "cull" down your belongings. Looking around our house I get so overwhelmed on how to actually sell, donate, get rid of "stuff" I become paralyzed. We'll store sentimental items (which we'll limit) and I'm not all that attached to the rest, but getting it all to go bye-bye -- what do you suggest?"
We unexpectedly sold our house in 1 day and were faced with getting rid of all our stuff (except for some artwork and papers put in storage) in a very short period. We hired an estate sale company. They did all the sorting, pricing, selling. The cut they took was well worth it to us. They even recommended a "clean out" crew who took all the unsold stuff to charity AND cleaned the house for the new owners. We were actually on the road, full-timing, before the actual closing.

"It's a magical world, ol' buddy...Let's go exploring!" Calvin to Hobbs
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
When we sold our cottage (cabin) we did a similar thing - we got an auction company to take care of the sale for us. We removed everything we wanted to keep, they took care of everything else.