Old 07-10-2016, 08:42 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Escapees is a great resource for full-timers. South Dakota is a great domicile State, but health insurance options are not very good. Don't know about Florida or Texas, the other two popular domicile States for full-timers. About all you can do is ask.

Our financial plan is to work about a third of the time, volunteer about a third of the time, and be on our own about a third of the time. "Work" is usually working with Laborers For Christ (which is why we're switching from our Foretravel MH to an Airstream TT). Volunteering is either campground hosting or Habitat For Humanity's Care-A-Vanners. Work always provides the campsite for free, and that usually includes full hookups. Volunteering varies, from FHU to electric only.

When we're on our own we try to use COE parks, because we're over 62. You're too young (for now) for the "geezer pass" but that's a great budget stretcher. We also take advantage of Passport America deals.

Heartland mpg 181 (sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 (for sale)
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:19 PM   #16

2000 27' Safari
Arlington , Texas
Any update on your request for info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamingairheads View Post
I searched "early retirement" and could not find a thread on it. Please advise if you know otherwise.

My hubby and I are discussing retiring early to full-time. While we may pick up part time or online work for small income streams, we feel we'll be okay financially until our pensions and social security kick in. My hubby is 56 and I am 51. The one hang up we have is with health insurance. We are both very healthy, but I've never been much of a risk taker. We are looking into the Obama exchange, Medishare programs, etc. I'm wondering what others have done in this area and what other words of wisdom you have about early retirement.

Thanks.
Hi. I found your stream here via a search for information on Health Share ministries. We, too, are retiring early next Spring and have decided to go with one of the ministries, but haven't decided which one. Just wondering how far you got with your research and which one, if any, you went with.