Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #141
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Calgary , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
. Many of the new ones, too sterile looking, don't want to camp in a computer! Jim

...and although I love my grandmother, I don't want to camp in her house .
cory_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #142
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Comfort trumps styling in my book.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #143
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
. Many of the new ones, too sterile looking, don't want to camp in a computer! Jim
I want to camp in the Apple store, not LL Bean.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #144
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
There are many posts about how uncomfortable the "L" lounges are.
The couch in a Classic is very comfortable- for sitting or sleeping-
This site is all about opinion:
My opinion is that after having 3 Classics w uncomfortable sofas (my opinion), we are very happy to NOT have an uncomfortable sofa. We even had the last one modified and reupholstered to have a deeper seat as it was too short for us, could not lay comfortably.
Many people have changed their seating to recliners. I think it is a great idea but not for us as we would loose the dinette and we really do need it, with friends coming to dinner and using the computers. We have modified it though and it folds up to a short table when we do not need the entire large table, leaving us w more walking room, we do not find the lounge/bench uncomfortable.
Also, this is the 1st rig for us to have the FB, it is great having the rear window and dinette on the view to sit and watch the world, birds, wildlife, lakes, mtns. or whatever view you have.

So it really comes to lifestyle. There is no right or wrong one, it is purely dependent on your needs.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #145
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
LOL. My wife and I can relate. I don't want to offend anyone, but those classic's. Yuck. Like using Windows 95. But everyone's tastes are different.

A Classic is the only trailer I want-
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 08-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #146
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTinNJ View Post
Yea, I saw your post related to SOB's. Same thing here. No way no how.

And you have my ideal trailer. 27' Signature. My wife liked the lighter colors of the Flying Cloud and we came across a 25' we couldn't pass up. Otherwise we would have compromised with a 27' Flying Cloud.

Very happy with the 25' though. That twin has a lot of storage. Which does get back to this thread!

Size matters somewhat. I have 4 outside storage lockers in a 25' model. That's more than you get with the larger trailers. Plus there is storage under both twin beds that is easily accessible. Again you don't get that with larger trailers and a queen bed.

When looking at trailers and sizing it's important to really look at everything. There are such slight differences they are easy to overlook. But they can make a huge difference.

The 2 twins is better for storage, walking through, and making the beds.
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 08-15-2014, 01:08 PM   #147
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamNTyme View Post
This site is all about opinion:
My opinion is that after having 3 Classics w uncomfortable sofas (my opinion), we are very happy to NOT have an uncomfortable sofa. We even had the last one modified and reupholstered to have a deeper seat as it was too short for us, could not lay comfortably.
Many people have changed their seating to recliners. I think it is a great idea but not for us as we would loose the dinette and we really do need it, with friends coming to dinner and using the computers. We have modified it though and it folds up to a short table when we do not need the entire large table, leaving us w more walking room, we do not find the lounge/bench uncomfortable.
Also, this is the 1st rig for us to have the FB, it is great having the rear window and dinette on the view to sit and watch the world, birds, wildlife, lakes, mtns. or whatever view you have.

So it really comes to lifestyle. There is no right or wrong one, it is purely dependent on your needs.

And I sleep on my couch-
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 08-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #148
Full Time Adventurer

Nomadic , USA
We can all agree. Classic, CDD, Safari, they're all better looking than a SOB.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:35 PM   #149
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
Having been in an Airstream in 2010 when I was called an SOB at the Tiffin factory, then being called an SOB at the Airstream dealer (just kidding) when i announced I would be ordering a new Serenity, i can speak to both sides….

However, in regards to size, I love my new 30 RB Serenity with the recliners….. however, if the sofa with the recliners in the new Classic were an option in the Serenity, well, I would have jumped on that. (No pun intended)

The bed situation with two recliners is difficult as the dinette is at best a marginal bed. On a positive note, the recliners in my new Serenity can both be removed easily, and a large inflatable bed could be worked into the space. I may be looking for a sofa-bed which can be moved in and out to meet my needs on various trips.

My best,
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #150
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory_can View Post
^ it's the twin, not the 25 that does that. Those are the reasons why we went with the twin as well.

We liked some of the aspects of the internationals as well, we just really disliked the sliding overhead storage compared to the FC. That was the major reason we went FC.

The '15 classic looks incredible! If I was full timing I would have went that direction in a heartbeat....and (I'm not sure if it matter but) I belong to a much younger generation
Agree. Agree. Disagree!

If I were full timing and had an unlimited budget, I would have gone with the 27' twin instead of the 25' twin.
SCOTTinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #151
Full-time travel family

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Wichita Falls , TX
Oh man, I've missed out on a few good posts. Too much time at work lately!

I may be one of 5 people on the forum that sort of likes the new Classic, but it's not really an option at that price point. Plus, my lovely wife does NOT care for any generation of Classic, so it's a moot point. Aesthetically, I love the Land Yacht...but it doesn't appear to be all that practical and way too pricey for me.

So, depending on the morning, I'm leaning toward the twin layouts. I don't know, it seems like it offers more movin' around space, and a bit of free room for little ones to play on the floor. I also like the storage beneath the beds, but don't really care for the tacked-on appearance of the closet space.

I have a question about outside-accessible storage. I understand that the twin model gives you the most hatches, but why is that useful? I have a hard time understanding why I would want to have so many spots to access things easier from the outside? I just imagined I would store all our occasional-use items in the truck bed under the shell. Doesn't more hatches mean more potential for leaks down the road? I'd really like to hear some thoughts on this.

I'll be honest, the only model I don't particularly care for is the International Sterling. To me, with all that silver laminate and aluminum, it looks like a mobile surgical center. I need a little warmth in my abode.
wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #152
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
You will understand the advantage of more outside storage when you get a trailer and start camping. 2 wide access doors to a 3' deep space is better than 1 opening to a 6' deep space for water hose, power cord, charcoal, rake, griddle, satellite dish, fire ant poison, tire change ramp, etc.
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 08-16-2014, 01:02 PM   #153
Full Time Adventurer

Nomadic , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
You will understand the advantage of more outside storage when you get a trailer and start camping. 2 wide access doors to a 3' deep space is better than 1 opening to a 6' deep space for water hose, power cord, charcoal, rake, griddle, satellite dish, fire ant poison, tire change ramp, etc.

And that's why I bought the Dodge Ram with Ramboxes. They are fantastic.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #154
Rivet Master

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
I cant stand the rounded sink that juts out into the middle of the floor and the lounge that stares at the persons butt who is doing the dishes and the sideways watching tv. Im leaning towards the 28 or the 30. I hate that the door blocks 1 window when open but I like that the 28 has the dinette that faces into the campground. Since I go solo this is kinda a security thing as I can see whos approaching the trailer door in advance. The downfalls to the 30 for me is the dinette on the other side so you might be staring at your neighbor while eating..or them staring at you and the small windows that the door will block when open. I would consider the 27 if it had the Eddie Bauer Sink and the 2 closets in the bedroom on each side of the bed. It should be like a Salad Bar where you make your own!
LilNomad
LiLNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #155
Full Time Adventurer

Nomadic , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLNomad View Post
I cant stand the rounded sink that juts out into the middle of the floor and the lounge that stares at the persons butt who is doing the dishes and the sideways watching tv. Im leaning towards the 28 or the 30. I hate that the door blocks 1 window when open but I like that the 28 has the dinette that faces into the campground. Since I go solo this is kinda a security thing as I can see whos approaching the trailer door in advance. The downfalls to the 30 for me is the dinette on the other side so you might be staring at your neighbor while eating..or them staring at you and the small windows that the door will block when open. I would consider the 27 if it had the Eddie Bauer Sink and the 2 closets in the bedroom on each side of the bed. It should be like a Salad Bar where you make your own!
LilNomad
Is that why you customized yours so much?
Old 08-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #156
Rivet Master

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
Was customized when I purchased it im the 3rd owner...I do think have more closet space than the others though..
LilNomad
LiLNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #157
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Doesn't more hatches mean more potential for leaks down the road? I'd really like to hear some thoughts on this.
This is one reason why I really wanted a rear bed model. There is no hatch in the front, just on the sides and in the back. I can only imagine that driving in rain could push water through the seals of the front hatch more than a hatch anywhere else. At least that was my thought. I haven't heard of anyone having this exact problem but it seems logical to me.

As for the number of outside hatches, more is more! I haven't filled mine but that's actually a good thing. Gives me room to easy access what's in there.
SCOTTinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #158
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
We went with the twin bed model for more storage both inside and outside with no front hatch. We have four external hatches - two street side, one curb side and one in the rear. However, loading much weight in the rear of our unit does cause it to wiggle more, so caution on loading the rear storage area is appropriate.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #159
Full Time Adventurer

Nomadic , USA
We are going with a 27, counting down the days. We're picking her up on Thursday! Very very excited about this moment. Once she's home, the count down to full time starts.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:25 AM   #160
3 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Hillsborough , New Jersey
fulltiming

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
We are going with a 27, counting down the days. We're picking her up on Thursday! Very very excited about this moment. Once she's home, the count down to full time starts.

Keep us posted, I am sure many on the site would be interested in how things will go with this adventure. Wolf146
wolf146 is offline   Reply With Quote