Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
The Escapees organization was formed to support fulltimer's. They have informal groups call "Birds of a Feather" (BOF) One BOF is for singles; here is the link http://www.escapees.com/Solos/.

Hope this helps.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Souix Falls , South Dakota
I'm here:-) Full-timing and workamping at 73 and I love it. The Airstream truly makes it possible. I have a 25' Airstream Safari SE that I just love. it's a wonderful full-time home for me and my two cats. And, it's so easy to pull and handle by myself.

You'll find many friendly people workamping. There's a Rendezvous at the end of October that you might take in. I went and it saved me so much time and money with all the information I received. Go to www.workampernews.com and you'll find out all about it. I drove to it before I had my Airstream and stayed at the Colonial Inn (or motel). It's in Heber Springs, AR. So worth the money to attend.
BJnewby33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Kalamazoo , Michigan
[QUOTE=BJnewby33;1335063]

Go to www.workampernews.com and you'll find out all about it.

Thanks for the information! I've taken a look. This might has a lot of the information I am looking for!

See you on the road...
Kalamazookim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #24
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Link correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJnewby33 View Post
I'm here:-) Full-timing and workamping at 73 and I love it. The Airstream truly makes it possible. I have a 25' Airstream Safari SE that I just love. it's a wonderful full-time home for me and my two cats. And, it's so easy to pull and handle by myself.

You'll find many friendly people workamping. There's a Rendezvous at the end of October that you might take in. I went and it saved me so much time and money with all the information I received. Go to www.workampernews.com and you'll find out all about it. I drove to it before I had my Airstream and stayed at the Colonial Inn (or motel). It's in Heber Springs, AR. So worth the money to attend.
I could not get that link to work.. is this the one you referenced?
Workamper News
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #25

1975 27' Overlander
Austin , Texas
I am 40, full-time, and largely intolerant of the idea that being single is a disease. I look at it this way being single is one situation... full timing is another. You will face the challenges and reap the rewards of each regardless of the other. Honestly, the only time I feel like there is a problem, it has to do with not having enough hands for the task. Sometimes two people are better than one (putting away my old Zip Dees, for example, takes two people). In those instances, any neighbor or park worker is usually happy to place a "finger in the knot". But then, you have to ask a neighbor for help once in a while when you are single and living in an apartment/house, too.

One thing though, while there are many nice people in parks, you do seem to become a target for the lonely old guys that want to get a little too friendly with your personal space. (Showed up in a park once for a month and the older man in the next camper asked me for a hug within 5 mins.) Of course, there are creepers everywhere and you don't need an Airstream to find them.

I say go for it. You only live once.
Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Cat City , California
Last year on our Oregon trip around the state we passed Sisters on the Fly caravan headed the other way. Man, was it a sight! About 10 trailers - mostly canned hams - all dolled up. They were in fishing country, so I assume they were on that kind of a trip. I'm betting that have a rousing good time.
mstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #27
Streamline Owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Indianapolis , Indiana
Find nighttime driving desolate? Don't drive at night.

Can't stand heat with oppressively high humidity? Don't visit New Orleans in August.

Don't want to scrape snow off the windshield? Go south when the leaves change color.

Love my options as a full-timer.

I'm in my early 50's, female, single and my own mechanic (with intense phone and Skype support).

This is, by far, the best thing I've ever done for myself and I encourage anyone (male or female) with the desire to experience this lifestyle to go for it. While you might find, in the long run, it's not for you....you might find that it is! How will you know if you never take the plunge?

Julianne
Nolavalkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #28
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
You go girl....
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Telluride , Colorado
Woman it sounds great!
purdiferis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1950 22' Liner
2004 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
St Petersburg , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to CapnTom
Yeah...that's the way to do it...one day I'll get there...I figure once my daughter goes off the college that is.

CapnTom

WBCCI/VAC #2453
AIR #35123
TCT

USAVTN
1950 Liner 22'
2004 Land Yacht 30 SL
2004 Chevy Avalanche

CapnTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 26
St David , Arizona
I am a 42 year old single fulltimer. New to single and new to fulltime but happy as a clam. I haven't done any traveling yet as I have been outfitting the Argosy for a lot of boondocking. I have been documenting this here

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...me-110534.html

I want to be traveling on my days off. Since every 9 days I get 6 days off in a row it seems very realistic that I can see a whole lot.

I go back and forth on the single part. I imagine it is going to be difficult to find somebody that can not only match my schedule but deal with being in a 26 foot Argosy for a really long time. That being said, I can't say I am looking. If destiny puts Miss Right in front of me well then I will be a very happy man. Until then I will be very happy boondocking around, fishing, taking pictures and hiking 6 days at a time. I will be my own travel channel.
Wanderingjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #32
1 Rivet Member

1990 29' Excella
Pensacola , Florida
Hi, I am 56 and I just sold my house in August and am full-timing. I am loving it. I haven't begun to travel yet because the trailer still needs some work but I'm living at a campground and I'm going to take her up to a friend's house in Tennesee for a trial run and then up to Virginia and North Carolina. I work remote so I am working in the trailer also, which means I spend a ton of time indoors but it suits me.