Old 01-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #57
2008 19' Safari SE
Vancouver 2010 , BC - The Best Place On Earth
Ditto to the Pill.

Im 42 also. Purchased when I was 41 also. I, too, hope to be retired by the time this is paid off, assuming of I can control my "2 Footitis" with ointment.
My wife is 37 btw.

Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #58
2008 23' International CCD
N/A , N/A
Thanks for the mention! I saw some hits to my blog ( from your post. I have been full-timing it for a year and half now. Love it!

KDZLBZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #59
1 Rivet Member
1973 31' Sovereign
West Monroe , Louisiana
I just purchased a 1973 31ft Sovereign rear bath. I am planning to live in it full time. I even built a porch onto to it last week. I really do not know what sorts of problems I will run into, but I am looking forward to taking care of them when they arrive.

PS:I am 30 years old.
barender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:28 PM   #60
1 Rivet Member
1972 27' Overlander
Chicago , Illinois
Send a message via Skype™ to Mr.E
De-mystifying the Mr.E one day at a time...

Mid 40's here... full-timing now since 06/09 and started with only my camp-gear out of the back of my 94 Ford Explorer. Now I'm in a '72 27' Overlander and am in the process of rehabbing her. I call her GRACE, for it is grace that brought her to me after an extended illness and a wonderful community back in Chicago that saw me through it and made it all possible. So, if you have a dream, you just need to bite the bullet and go. This is a beautiful country and no matter what your economic situation is, if it's in you, than it's in you and you just/must do it. In my case, I did all the dry-run stuff without all the extra stuff first. Now that I got the hang of all that, all the new stuff is not only a cinch, it's a pleasure! So, if you're inclined, you can read my blog-umentary my clicking my name and following the links. Go back a few pages to get to the beginning. And you'll see the rehab in process. Happy-Travels and Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3251.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	469.3 KB
ID:	125426  

'72 27' Ovrlndr
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:06 AM   #61
3 Rivet Member
2009 27' FB International
_ , Florida
Early 30's single guy here full timing in my 2009 27FB Ocean Breeze in Pensacola, FL. After owning a 3 bedroom house in NC for six years and only living in it for only half the time due to deployments and training for deployments I wanted to simplify my life. I grew up with Airstreams and my older brother full timed for four years in Airstream so getting an Airstream made sense. I didn't want to rent a house and throw away money, so instead I got an Airstream that I will have paid off in 3 years with what I would have spent in renting a house.

So far I have lived full time in Pensacola, FL at a nice campground for 3 months and I'm loving it. I was able to find a campground that was on a canal near the Naval Air Station where I'm a flight instructor at. I don't mind the small space of the Airstream, it's a lot better than the mud hut I was living in Afghanistan this time last year.
FLMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #62
3 Rivet Member
1974 29' Ambassador
CONCORD , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to Erik Olson
Originally Posted by ldomela View Post
We didn't plan to start full-timing, but since we traded in our 22' International CCD for a 27'FB International CCD, we haven't slept at home once. It's only been just over a month, but I think we could do this full-time thing very easily. We're in our 40s...I'm a photographer and we have a publishing business that just needs internet to go....we're thinking a P.O. Box would be a little cheaper than our house at this point. We've started a blog here: Riveted. Solar happening next.
Love your blog and my wife will be very pleased to see the curtain-divider scheme you came up with. Amazing photos (not the curtains)!
Erik Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #63
2 Rivet Member
1972 23' Safari
San Antonio , Texas
We used to full time in a motorhome when my husband was a contractor and got sick of flying everywhere. We got a coach, grabbed the dog and traveled together. He finally got a full time job at one location, we sold the motorhome and then 2 years later, I got the opportunity to take a great job about 3 hours away from home. So while I don't get to travel and see the country, I bought a vintage 1972 AS Safari, parked her here and I'm going to slowly fix her up while I'm fulltiming in her. I still get to go home to a real house every couple weeks to see hubby and do laundry, so I don't get cabin fever, but the others at work who all share a place together all getting jealous I have my own small space. I can't imagine living and working together...
Oh, and I'm 34 now and I think I'm the youngest one in this park...

shrimptank is offline   Reply With Quote

« Tow Rig | Top | Question #2 »