Old 02-09-2016, 08:25 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
1988 32.5' Airstream 325
Vista , California
So far I know that my VA hospital will deliver my medications to another address besides my home address, and Amazon will send my stuff to another address. I haven't tried a campsite address yet, though I have been assured that it can be done with notice. I think if you can get someone on the phone to put notes in your order, it'll get done.

Dysfunctional Veteran- does not always play well with others. 22 a day is 22 TOO MANY. (this number recently revised to 23 a day )
PammieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:49 PM   #16
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
We've had some experience with this recently. When we were campground hosting in Missouri UPS and FedEx delivered directly to our campsite. UPSP delivered to the park office. We're now at a commercial campground with a group. We happen to be on Site 24, and the group has rented mailbox 24. Mailboxes here are not tied to specific sites, though, so it is good that our mailbox number matches one of the group's sites. Any mail that fits in the box goes there if delivered by USPS. Everything else is delivered to our coach and we give it to the right person. USPS often delivers about the same time that we're all sitting around outside anyway, so he has taken to just pulling up and handing us the box. Since we usually have goodies out, I wonder how long it will be before someone offers him something to stave off starvation.

David Lininger, kb0zke
AIR 54240
Heartland mpg 181 (sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 (for sale)
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:22 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
You should always call the campground and ask. Make sure you tell them how the package is being delivered. They may have some strange rules regarding US Mail and other delivery services.

I'm staying at John Pennekamp Coral Reef state park, called and told them I wanted a package delivered. They gave me their street address. What I also needed to tell them was that it was being delivered by US mail. They don't a accept mail delivery at their street address but they do accept UPS and Fedex delivered to their street address.

All US mail is to be addressed to their PO Box and the Post Office won't reroute any mail addressed to their street address to their PO Box. Returned to sender.

After I tried to escalate the issue with both the Post office and the park, the head ranger told me they really prefer that mail be sent General Delivery to the local post office.

greghoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:01 AM   #18
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Only used Amazon Prime one time while on the road. I checked with the park office before ordering for their recommendation. Order was delivered overnight to the office. They directed the driver to my campsite.
WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:58 AM   #19
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
We're in an RV park right now and they accept packages. I've had packages shipped from Bass Pro and Cabelas. I've had my mail sent from the UPS store mailbox to here as well. Anyone with a permanent address (owned park models) has a regular mailbox for their site but the office will accept packages for the resident if they aren't home. This Carefree park and another we stayed at has an on-site post office of sorts. They have their own system of sorted and unsorted mail, packages etc. You can get a key for after hours pickup too.

I did general delivery to a post office and it took them 2 days to find my forwarded mail. The UPS store near the PO said $5 per package to have them sent there so we opted for the general delivery.

Our UPS store is holding a couple of packages for us until we return at the end of March. I asked when I set up the account and they said it wasn't a problem, even if it was the fishing rods. But each store is different, be sure to ask. Also check at the post office, not all of them accept general delivery.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote