Old 05-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #57
"The One" is out there

1975 31' Sovereign
Estes park , Colorado
We will take the advice and head north on 71 to 34. Luckily loveland has nice wide rosads.

Those pictures are great! My brother drove to Texarkana, Ar to pick up the AS and met us in Salina. He didn't know much about them but after seeing it and pulling it 500 miles he's really wanting one too. He works for the nps as well.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #58
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Greetings,

I have been reading your posts and have seen your pictures. You have actually purchased the trailer that was remodeled by the owner of Airstream of Arkansas before they closed up the Airstream business. I bought a trailer there and was good friends with Gene while the refurb was going on. Here is a thread with pictures of your remodel in progress. I wasn't too crazy about the black, but it looks better now that I thought back then.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f38/...ign-35580.html

The pics in the beginning are missing, but the later ones are there.

Nice find.

Steve

Better than nice (we'll hope) for anyone new! Especially as fulltimers, wow, that feels like more than luck!! And rather answers the original question (from the spritual pose). No accident, this (as I cross my fingers).

Tell the 'rents to send you a can of GLARE wax from the AIRSTREAM store.

As to the jazz recording I'd recommend the Grammy winner Getz/Gilberto. One never tires of this (newlywed approved).

Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #59
"The One" is out there

1975 31' Sovereign
Estes park , Colorado
Just as an update, I have had the biggest smile on my face since I got the "Silver Twinkie" on Saturday morning at 2:30am (not that I'm counting)! If you loked at the interiors then you know it has custom cabinets built and beautiful laminate hardwood floors. I did spend yesterday making it ours by painting the walls a very light green color. It really brightened it up in here! I still need to paint the bathroom which I'm thinking a very light turquoise. My smart phone won't allow me to add pictures but as soon as we get our laptop I'll do that! it compleletly changed the look of it and I love it!

As far as the structure goes, I was a bit nervous about the back bath. However, It's sound and sturdy! No seperation. No movement. Axels are brand new except for the 1200 hey have on them now from the move.

There's a couple things I need to do this week before we plan to move in on Friday.
-paint bathroom
-get her Level!
-buy screw jacks for frame to rest on. One between each wheel
-make curtains... (there's a metal track where curtains use to attach. I may try to find hooks to reuse this.)
-create new shelves in both closets
-hang existing shelves in kitchen pantry
-install speakers and stereo
-replace dead bolt
-hang tv on wall mount
-flush fresh water tank
-mount new tub/shower faucet
-caulk tub
-maybe reseal around windows? ( not sure if this needs to be done. I'll check other threads on how to do this)

So quite a list before now and Friday. Obviously some of these thins are more important to move in ready than others. I don't start work until the 20th so I do have some time to get these projects complete. I also have a lot of help.

I would really love any suggestions on closet organizationor and other suggestions you may have on my to do list. There's so many great threads on here so I figure I'm going to dive right in and start getting things done.

I would like a bar to hang dresses then fold everything else. I was thinkig a shoe rack over the door. We have a 5x8 enclosed trailer we'll keep for tools and big, bulky, winter coats. I'll needbto tackle some shelving organization for that as well once we decide what we want to keep but find no room in the AS for.

Take care everyone and good luck with your projects! Summer is almost here!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #60
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Wink A few things.... OMG!!

Screw jacks or jack stands?

Sorry..I don't ware dresses....yet.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007 WINTERIZE 007.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	854.1 KB
ID:	185351  

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #61
"The One" is out there

1975 31' Sovereign
Estes park , Colorado
Perfect! That's what I did, jack stands. I read about getting the AS level but we got really lucky in our first spot. Then we decided to move to a different spot where we wouldn't be on a dirt road. This will be a smart move for us. It took 3 hours to get it level.... I felt pretty helpless since Aaron was the one doing all the digging and I was standing there watching. Only one shovel! He had to dig out the back of the site and then the area for the tires. It was quite a site to see. We don't have those blocks you can just drive ip on so he's just digging away and using his level to make sure all is going well. We use to build fence for a living so he was pretty quick for making a 15x20 area level I thought. Our silver twinkie is 31' but he didn't have to level he whole spot.

We have lots of shade now and a pretty big yard area with no neighbors right next door.

We've been leaving our awnings out 24/7. I'm nervous that the wind or possible snow will rip them off. They are the pretty blue with white stripes. The awnings are in great cindition. I'm going to have to see if I can get any of that awning cleaner to help strengthen them.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #62
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
I wouldn't take chances with awnings due to winds. They can break loose and not only dent the skin with flailing arms, but cut into it (and tear the mounts loose). Serious damage.
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #63
"The One" is out there

1975 31' Sovereign
Estes park , Colorado
Good call. I pulled the awnings in. I hung some curtains today and ordered the hooks from Inland Andy today so hopefully those will be here by this weekend so I can hang curtains around the front of the AS I think I'm also going to tackle resealing some things on the roof. I ordered that sealent from Andy too. It looks like a mess up there and I think I see silicone! I can't tell though so just need to get up there. Probably going to rent scaffold since that seems to be the general ok thing to do. Also, I need to find a thread about possibly removing the old antenna off the roof. Does anyone know of a good one or way to do that? Seems like I'll need a bit enough size of aluminum to cover he hole and rivets to close it.... I would like to add solar panels someday but I don't know if I want to start that project.

It definitely seems like there's always some preventative maintenance that could be done. I love home improvement projects.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #64
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

Go with a Wineguard Batwing....

Ware sneakers/deck shoes on the roof, stay off the end caps, and walk on the rivet lines.

Sealing the roof....
....get one of those plastic carry tubs, get every tool you think you'll need, rags, mineral spirits, spray brake clean, wooden paint stirrers, plastic putty knife, more rags, cardboard squares to work on, more tools, paper towels, and a bunch of those pesky plastic bags from the grocery store for garbage.
Oh...and your cell phone in case the ladder falls down, or your too tired to get down for the umpteenth time to get the tools you forgot.

I would get used to using a ladder to get on the roof, we have a telescoping unit form CW that stores well and has come in handy while away from home. Just make sure to lean it on a window frame or awning cover. A standard A-frame step ladder works fine when on the pad.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #65
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
I wouldn't take chances with awnings due to winds. They can break loose and not only dent the skin with flailing arms, but cut into it (and tear the mounts loose). Serious damage.
My general take on awnings, is that if the weather is too bad to sit outside the awnings need to be stowed.

Aaron

WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote