Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Flat-Front (Cutter, Clipper, XC, XL & Skydeck) Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-17-2018, 10:25 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Gaffney , South Carolina
Trailer Light Connector - Brake Controller

Hi all.

My Clipper has what appears to be a factory-installed, 7-way connector. Does anyone know if this has a connector in the cabin under the dash? I have a trailer with electric brakes and a "new" (merry Christmas!) tekonsha primus iq brake controller and would like to connect the brake controller in the cabin if possible. The Brake Controller wiring consists of 4 wires: +12VDC (Black); Ground (White); Brake ON via Brake Switch (Red); and Tow Brake ON (Blue).

Merry Christmas AS owners!
Old 03-20-2019, 07:46 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Gaffney , South Carolina
I found a diagram in the manual that shows the wiring to the 7-pin round plug connector - but it doesn't appear to match any diagram on the internet. For example, via internet, the brake controller should go to a blue wire at the 5 o'clock position on the RV connector. But airstream's diagram doesn't show a brake connector. Anyone using the 7-pin with a brake controller have advice?
Old 03-20-2019, 07:57 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Gaffney , South Carolina
OK, after going blind looking at other posts, it appears the good 'ole "test and verify" rule comes into effect. I shall arm myself with a voltmeter, 12V power supply and an extra pair of hands. Parbly no point in posting anything more as it appears folks are just rewiring the plug to work with most "standard" 7-pin trailer connectors.