Old 08-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
1986 25' Sovereign
Plant City , Florida
Is there any way that you could have a water leak or moisture on the side of the tank? On mine I had the winter drain valve (plastic) split and dump tons of water in to the tank area. This sprayed or misted water on the contacts and would also cause an incorrect reading just as you discribed. first 1/2 tank and then after holding the button for a second it would start to flicker and then just drop to a 1/4 of a tank solid. after fixing the leak it took at least two weeks to dry in the florida weather while covered.

If the above is not the case have you tried one of those wands that you stick down the john and hook a water hose to? I dod this with 50psi water every time I get back to the house after I dump and then after I dump again with the hose still on.

Hope this helps.

ck21084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2001 31' Land Yacht
Spokane , Washington

I'm pretty sure there's not a leak. If I have a tiny faucet drip, my pump will cycle on and off. I've been doing some dry camping, so I would know if that pump was operating.

I have the wand that attaches to my bathroom sink. Whenever I'm at a campground with great water pressure, I'll run hot water through it and work the entire tank, up and down, and swiveling to make sure the jets are hitting everywhere.

Of course, it would help to know where I was trying to hit. Google isn't helping me find out what the sensors look like or where they're located. Hanging? On the wall? Solid rods attached to the bottom and ceiling? My head's too big to get down there and look. Not that I would if I could.

2001 LY 30
'86 Samurai toad
StowMaster tow
SMI Duo braking
jwisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #17
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Some where on these forums I read that the sensors on the newer trailers had a pressure sensor rather than any kind of mechanical or electrical contact system. It appears that when the trailers are located in high altitude locations the sensors "feel" the pressure built up in the sealed tank from the change in altitude and reads full even when empty.

My monitor was terribly incorrect when new so while having some work done at JC I had them calibrate the monitor. It seems to have accurately functioned since then. That was four years ago. The service technician did say that it is recommended that the monitor be recalibrated on an annual basis. I don't know how long Airstream has used this type of monitor, but you might check the owner's manual, or call/email Airstream and ask. The instructions are in my manual.

2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote

gray water, monitors, tank, black tank, level sensor