Old 05-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Gaffney , South Carolina
Splendide Washer/Dryer doesn't heat up

We run the hound out of this thing, probably more than it was ever designed for. But it seems to hold up. Until now.

The dry cycle doesn't generate heat. Checked for blockages in the vent, none, but when I removed the top and exposed the guts, it looks like the rubber piece that connects the drum to the back panel of the Splendide is all pinched up. I can't believe that's the way it was designed. Will run it with the rubber piece disconnected and not pinched to see if it will heat on the diagnostic mode. Anyone else have any ideas please? Oh, it's seemed to have sprung a leak too. I noticed the Splendide sits on a plastic "tray" with a overflow hose running down inside the RV somewhere (I suspect out the bottom of the RV). But the leak evidently is outrunning it. I'll find the leak when I run it out of the cubby when the Wife gets back to help. Oh, how the heck did they ever hook the vent flex tube up? Should I remove the vent from the outside of the RV, hook it up and replace it??

JourneytoRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
Casselberry , Florida
Call splendide they have walked me through problems before.

Toftime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:49 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Gaffney , South Carolina
Great advice Toftime. I contacted Spendide and was amazed at their customer service and technical know-how. Both ECRs were "open" but easy to replace. Why both would fail at the same time is a mystery... The manual showed how to run a heat test and voila! Ready to go on the road again! Need to find a beach rally to see what all the noise is about now.
JourneytoRet is offline   Reply With Quote