Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2004, 12:07 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to John Brimer
Satellite Dish Installation

I have a 1999 Cutter DP that has the satellite tv prewired to the roof of the coach. I am fairly handy with tools and have help from someone who has done the installation on his American Dream. My question is, do I mount the base of the satellite dish where it is marked or further back on the roof. The premarked spot seems to be for the Wineguard type of combined antennae.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
John Brimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
What dish? My manual Wineguard has an identical base to the on air antennas.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:56 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

On my 99 the previous owners had, or probably removed, something from that default forward spot you mention.
apetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 07:55 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Dear Apetit:

We have the same bus. There is a decal on that front location. I am assuming that there is one cable that runs to the video switch box.

The dish that I am installing is a Cruise TV model number DBS-30500. It automatically picks up the satellite signal when switched on.

BTW, I have tried (once) to call Airstream customer service. Will try again today.

Thanks for the reply,

John
Old 12-28-2004, 09:13 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Installation a success.

Found out:
1. The decal is the location of a satellite cable that is taped to the underside of the roof.
2. I partially removed the front part of the ceiling/headliner.
3. I bolted the new dish mount to the fiberglass cap utilizing two bolt locations in the aluminum support brackets.
4. I ran the cable into the side cabinet where all of the other tv switch boxes and antenae connections are.
5. The cable from the tv (installed from the factory) was utilitized.

Took one afternoon with help from a friend. This is defineatly a two person job. One on the roof, the other inside for about 1/3 the time.