Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Flat-Front (Cutter, Clipper, XC, XL & Skydeck) Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1996 30' Cutter Bus
El Paso , Texas
Replaced Sony camera and monitor

The original Sony monitor and back up camera was still working in my 96 Cutter Bus, but, the image was difficult to see in the best of circumstances, and at night, almost worthless.

So, investigating all my options, I found Tim Lazaroe at rvcams.com. I explained to him that I really didn't want to run new cables or install a new system and just abandon the cables that were already in the MH. He explained that he could sell me exactly what I would need to replace the monitor in the dash (almost perfectly) and the camera in the back and include all the cables that would make the new camera system compatible with the old Sony cable.

Three days later my system arrived, and today, I went by a local audio video store and they installed the new system, flawlessly replacing the old and it took them less than three hours total. They did have to add a trim piece around the monitor to make fit the existing hole, but it looks perfect.

And best of all, I have a high definition color picture that works as well at night as it does during the day....

I've attached a few pics to show you the installed system.....The one picture of the back inside wall shows were I removed the mirror between the top cabinets to make the camera wiring accessible.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-16_19-26-45_895.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	166017   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-16_19-26-57_60.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	166018  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-16_19-30-01_898.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	166019   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-16_19-27-31_171.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	166020  

dgmelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Looking good.

Can you give us any brand/model #s that you have? of the new monitor and camera?

What did you do with your old camera/monitor?

If they were still working I may be interested at the right price?

Dave
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1996 30' Cutter Bus
El Paso , Texas
Dave,

Happy to - I bought a Voyager Medium Duty 7" LCD Monitor #AOM713 and the camera is a Voyager Color rear camera #VCCS150. Then I also needed the correct cable adaptors and the table matching the new Voyager connections to the old Sony cable....Tim Lazaroe at rvcams.com sent me exactly what I needed along with instructions. It works perfectly.

And I have the old Camera and Monitor sitting in box ready to ship to anyone who needs it - make me an offer and tell me how you want it shipped.

David
dgmelp is offline   Reply With Quote