Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
New tires for 396XL Motor Home

I am looking to replace the current Michelin 275/70/22.5 XZA2 Energy Tires soon DOT early 2009. But according to Michelin these tires are on back order. But I did heard back from a local Michelin dealer here in the the Houston TX area that he can get a set of 6 Michelin XZE2+ 275/70/22.5 tires and he is checking on the dates.

Here are the specs on both tires.

XZE2+
Michelin Americas Truck Tires XZE®2+ Page

XZA2 Energy
Michelin Americas Truck Tires XZA2® Energy™ Page

No real difference in size, or load ratings, both LR J. The Energy tire is designated as an RV tire and the XZEA2+ is designated as a regional tire.

I am going through the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program and the dealer does participate in the program. The XZE2+ is not listed in the Michelin Advantage Tire brochure but the dealer said another customer had talked with FMCA and said that they were also included.

Before I go further, does anyone have any experience with this tire or any comments. Thanks
Old 03-20-2014, 05:32 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
Casselberry , Florida
Tires

I put those on my last motorhome. They were great. The coach road a lot nicer and the handling inproved.
Toftime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toftime View Post
I put those on my last motorhome. They were great. The coach road a lot nicer and the handling inproved.
Thanks for the input. I am still working on this and will follow up.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
There is a good reference chart here Don for the different tire sizes.

235/80-R22.5 vs 265/70-R22.5 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator

Just enter your tire size now and future and it will give you a lot of information for size and speed.

I don't plan on tires again till 2015, before we do Yukon trip again. I have always been a Bridgestone Fan.

Keep us up to date on your search.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
Thanks for the input. I am still working on this and will follow up.
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:39 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
There is a good reference chart here Don for the different tire sizes.

235/80-R22.5 vs 265/70-R22.5 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator

Just enter your tire size now and future and it will give you a lot of information for size and speed.

I don't plan on tires again till 2015, before we do Yukon trip again. I have always been a Bridgestone Fan.

Keep us up to date on your search.

Dave
Thanks Dave, I have used the tire size calculator and it is a great tool. I want to stay with the same size tire and load range that I have now, 275/70/22.5 J. I really like the X2A Energy tire but since it is on back order with Michelin I may just wait until it is available. I can't find anything on a Bridgestone 2715/70/225 J tire from searching the Bridgestone site.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:05 AM   #6
International Grey Nomad

1999 35' Cutter Bus Diesel Pusher
Bulahdelah , NSW Australia
No hurry to change them anyway unless they are actually worn or damaged given that Michelin don't agree with the universal 5-year rule.
Trip map at Spotwalla
Tony Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:00 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1999 35' Cutter Diesel Bus w/slide
Nicholasvolle , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
I am looking to replace the current Michelin 275/70/22.5 XZA2 Energy Tires soon DOT early 2009. But according to Michelin these tires are on back order. But I did heard back from a local Michelin dealer here in the the Houston TX area that he can get a set of 6 Michelin XZE2+ 275/70/22.5 tires and he is checking on the dates.

Here are the specs on both tires.

XZE2+
Michelin Americas Truck Tires XZE®2+ Page

XZA2 Energy
Michelin Americas Truck Tires XZA2® Energy™ Page

No real difference in size, or load ratings, both LR J. The Energy tire is designated as an RV tire and the XZEA2+ is designated as a regional tire.

I am going through the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program and the dealer does participate in the program. The XZE2+ is not listed in the Michelin Advantage Tire brochure but the dealer said another customer had talked with FMCA and said that they were also included.

Before I go further, does anyone have any experience with this tire or any comments. Thanks
last two sets of tires on the cutter pusher have been toyo and they have been great and are cheaper than Michelin, also fmca has a deal with Michelin that reduces the price
maych is offline   Reply With Quote