Old 09-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Missouri City , Texas
New color rear monitor

I replaced the old Weldex B&W monitor and rear camera with a color monitor and, rear and side cameras. Wow what a difference. The picture and color quality are just great. I still have the old Weldex B&W monitor and rear camera that works if anyone needs a replacement at no cost just shipping cost.

The side cameras have a trigger wire on the wiring harness that connects to the right and left turn signal and the camera willl come on when you apply the turn signal. My question is I have a bundle of 8 or so wires coming down the steering column and would like to attach the trigger wires to the correct turn signal wire here under the dash but I can't fine any description on what color the wires are. This would have been a Freightliner install on the chassis. I can find the correct wires under the front of the coach and they are a dark blue for right and a light blue for left. In the bundle coming down the steering column I see a light blue wire but not a solid dark blue wire. Any thoughts, thanks for your help.

adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Gaffney , South Carolina
Don't know the wiring, but if you send info and pics on your color monitor, I might buy one and then I'll help hunt for the signal wires!

Old 09-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneytoRet View Post
Don't know the wiring, but if you send info and pics on your color monitor, I might buy one and then I'll help hunt for the signal wires!

I had a Weldex B&W Monitor WDRV-3007M monitor with a Weldex B&W rear camera. I replaced the Monitor with a Voyager 7" Color Quad-View monitor and with an adapter cable was able to use the existing Weldex cable and install a Weldex color rear camera. Very simple install since I was bale to use the existing cable. I also installed a right and left Voyager color camera that include cable to attach directly to the Voyager wiring harness that connects to the Voyager monitor. The system works great with very clear and sharp color pictures. I just haven had time to search for the right and left turn signal wires coming from the steering column to attach the trigger wires that will turn them on when I make a turn and use the turn indicators.

I purchased the system from RV Cams, Inc, and Tim worked with me to put this system together. Really a great guy who knows and understands these systems and how to make them work in different applications. The system arrived with full instructions ready to install. Let me know wht you do.

http://www.rvcams.com/default.htm/default.htm.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote