Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
It has no electrical that we can see and no identification or name on it. But definitely a air type connection from it to the back of the coach. It looks fairly new but no paper work with the other manuals that were with the coach.

Dave what type of Air Barking system do you have.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #62
2 Rivet Member

2001 30' Classic S/O
2001 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel 300 hp w/slide
Helotes , Texas
Reference your rwar volume control, on my 2001 the volume knob above the bed controls the headphone volume. I have a RCA socket to use with a headset. Took some southern engineering to make it work when I replaced the old tv
lsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #63
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
This is specific to my setup.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f463...tml#post912156

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
It has no electrical that we can see and no identification or name on it. But definitely a air type connection from it to the back of the coach. It looks fairly new but no paper work with the other manuals that were with the coach.

Dave what type of Air Barking system do you have.
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
Dave is the PacBrake Air Brake System a separate supplemental braking system for the car being towed. I could not find in information from searching the internet, I probably missed it.

Base plates installed on the 2013 Chevy Sonic and brake, turn signal and tail lights wired. I am still looking at the brake systems.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
I can not ID that item installed in your coach. Don't know why it would be there. If it was a pressure control valve, it should not require a small reservoir tank? If it was a breakaway control, it should be installed on the toad. Dave
I found out what this is, it's an Air Force One braking system from SMI Manf.

AiForceOne braking sys.pdf

This is the unit that is installed on the coach and connects to the air brakes and has the rear air line connector that would go to the tow vehicle. I can save on the installation cost sine the coach unit is already installed and appears to be fairly new. I am still thinking this over.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic S/O
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
north blenheim , New York
Exclamation 2005 Airstream 396xl @ colonial airstream for sale

Hey, I drove to New Jersey last fall to inspect that Airstream 396xl, could not beleive they were asking $99,000.00 for it. We did a 4 hour inspection and found it needed to much work. Did you notice how bad the clearcoat cover was scratched in the front but you couldn't see it in the pictures ? Also, one of the hydraulic levelers needed to be replaced. The blue/grey corian countertops were deeply scratched throughout the whole motorhome. We figured the guy was screwgun happy because every nook and cranny had a Wal-Mart .99 cent item screwed into it. Take a good look at the cheap wood floor they installed as it goes under the slide ! If you want I can send you a detailed copy of our inspection. Hope you got it for $49,000.00
bobmiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmiller1 View Post
Hey, I drove to New Jersey last fall to inspect that Airstream 396xl, could not beleive they were asking $99,000.00 for it. We did a 4 hour inspection and found it needed to much work. Did you notice how bad the clearcoat cover was scratched in the front but you couldn't see it in the pictures ? Also, one of the hydraulic levelers needed to be replaced. The blue/grey corian countertops were deeply scratched throughout the whole motorhome. We figured the guy was screwgun happy because every nook and cranny had a Wal-Mart .99 cent item screwed into it. Take a good look at the cheap wood floor they installed as it goes under the slide ! If you want I can send you a detailed copy of our inspection. Hope you got it for $49,000.00
I got it for a good price and the main issues you mention were repaired. I am very happy with the coach.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:17 AM   #68
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Rockford , Michigan
Adonh, it's clear to me that the right person purchased this beautiful MH. I've been following this thread & am impressed with all you've taken care of so far.You seem to have the right combination of resources, knowledge & the ability to ask questions of the experts when necessary...I hope you enjoy it for many, many great trips.
Schools Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #69
2 Rivet Member

2001 30' Classic S/O
2001 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel 300 hp w/slide
Helotes , Texas
Adonh, looked at it, inspected it, liked it and bought it. If he is happy that's all that counts
lsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #70
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
Adonh, looked at it, inspected it, liked it and bought it. If he is happy that's all that counts

Schools Out: Adonh, it's clear to me that the right person purchased this beautiful MH. I've been following this thread & am impressed with all you've taken care of so far.You seem to have the right combination of resources, knowledge & the ability to ask questions of the experts when necessary...I hope you enjoy it for many, many great trips.
Thanks, I am happy and everyone that's looked at this coach from Freightliner to my local Airstream RV shop and other 396 owners are happy with it.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #71
Rocket Man Ken

2001 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/slide
Brookville , Ohio
The biggest problem will be the entrance and exit from some of these locations if there is a steep rise in or out of the lot. Try to pick a level location so as not to drag front of rear.

I would pay attention to getting high centered too. These are mighty long wheelbase. After towing all those years with 2004 Jayco 29Y, (before they raised stock ride height) I am kind of used to it.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #72
Rocket Man Ken

Brookville , Ohio
Air coupler may be for toad brake system that uses air slave cylinder to actuate.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #73
Rocket Man Ken

Brookville , Ohio
If you like it, I like it.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #74
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketManKen View Post
Air coupler may be for toad brake system that uses air slave cylinder to actuate.
Yes it the Air Force One AIR FORCE ONE | SMI Manufacturing Inc. toad bake system. All I need to do is have the components required for the towed car installed. I am planning on doing that soon.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
upgardes

I will soon be installing my new MCD American Duo day night shades on the cockpit and windshield. After carefully measuring everything I placed the order earlier this week and they should arrive next week. The original pleated drapes that attach to a track along the top are still in very good condition with no tears or spots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blinds1.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	197573

Name:	blinds2.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	197574

Name:	blinds3.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	197575

If you have a 2000 to 2005 Airstream 390 series Motor home and need replacement pleated drapes I would be happy to see them find a new home. Just PM me and I will send them to you once I start installing my new MCD shades, for jut the cost of shipping. I l also have all of the rollers for the track, clips to hold the track and the track sections themselves if you need them. If you have another model year Airstream Motor Home you can probably retro fit these. The the overall length is around 197" and the height is about 44".