Old 04-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2000 35' Land Yacht XL w/slide
Vermilion , Ohio
All,
Thanks for the advise
I have to leave town for two weeks
I will start the surgery when I return, unless the beast heals itself ( hey I can dream, some people win the lottery why can't the beast heal itself?)
I will let you know more then
thanks again for the help
I will need more soon
Regards
Rob

Old 05-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

Vermilion , Ohio
All,
OK I'm back checked on the beast and I have to say I have lost my mind, and I'm an idiot !!!
1) The batteries not charging, I had the shop put two new batteries, and nothing was working right, I never check to see if they actually put two new batteries in, sure enough they did not !! How stupid am I ? So they put two new ones in and everything works great ! (And no I did not pay them again !)
2) Generator no 110 volt working, well I had the generator serviced while servicing they say "THEY ALWAY KILL THE BREAKER" sure enough flipped the breaker on the side of the generator and all is good,
So if anyone out there has some swamp land to sell, or maybe the Brooklyn bridge you know where I am.

Regards,
And from now on Just Call me stupid !

Old 06-16-2008, 12:07 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

1996 34' Cutter Bus w/slide
Atlanta , Denial
Not stupid. Every single time I have gotten into a brain-bender like that, the result was that I had not one, but two idiotic problems simultaneously, and so nothing made sense. (like...GFI tripped AND a blown fuse, or GFI tripped AND the breaker was off at the source - stuff like that) My new theory is, the sum of two idiotic problems is greater than the sum of its parts. Therefore, I am not necessarily an idiot. I'm not, I'm not, I'm not! And I will stamp my widdo feet and hold my bweaf if you say so.

My new troubleshooting rules are:

1) Start on the middle - GFI, GFI, GFI! (99 times out of 100...)

2) Go back to the beginning - Does the other plug on the inverter have power? (only one place to go from there! Power source.)

3) Go to the end - Run through the breakers and fuses. (AGAIN. grrrr!)

Saves a lot of time to start in the middle. Cuts the problem in half right off.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

Vermilion , Ohio
Thank you for the words of encouragement,
However I feel that if I never bought the beast and would have invested my money in Lets say "EXXON" I would have been better off .
With that being said I am content with calling my self well "Not so bright"
You all have to admit that we are not financial wiz bangs, buying such a depreciable item, that falls apart standing still, let alone going 70 miles per hour down the road.
Don't get me wrong I love this 20,000 lb money pit and would do it all over again, however to put that in perspective, the wife loves me?
and Every time I go into a hardware store, I always look what I could use on the beast, not the house "Who cares about the House?"

So to conclude I am not that bright, and every trip I make something "MUST" break or its not a good time.
So see ya all down the road, or on the side of the road, and never leave home with out American Express.
Rob