Old 04-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
Casselberry , Florida
Front side cabinet

Need to run a new CB antenna wire and connector on drivers side. Connector and wire has a short in it. Question is, how do you get into the side above the driver? I have been looking and can not see away? Help

Old 04-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
If you post a picture of the problem it makes it easier to discuss.

If yours is similar to the pictures below, can you not take off the lamp and just fish a wire forward to the Windshield Pillar and down from there?

OEM antenna was located directly above the window divider.

I doubt you have a short in the length of antenna cable, but more probable that it is shorted at either connector at the ends??? The ends connectors are replaceable, but you should check and adjust for SWR after connection to verify you have not alerted that.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	38.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	209791  

"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Casselberry , Florida
Pictures

This is the cabinet I am talking about. Outside mount is corroded. So I am replacing outside mount and all the cable. there is only a small hole if you remove lamp. not big enough to get to anything. Picture of side panel included.
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #4
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
My panels on the CLIPPER have screws with the plastic caps, so are easy to remove.

Are you screws hidden in the fabric???? maybe access from below and also inside front cabinet??

When I enlarge your picture, I think I see two wood plugs along the top of the panel. Pull these out with a sharp pry, Knive etc, and the screws will be underneath???????

Sorry I can't be of more help on this project.

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
Old 04-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Casselberry , Florida
Took two screws on top out, unscrewed light and slide out switch. Removed all sterio equipment out of front cabinet. Still can not get into that panel area. Anyone have any other ideas.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #6
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
I don't have a slide, but wonder if there is some access to the rear end of panel if the slide is extended????????????????

Dave
Old 04-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Casselberry , Florida
No checked that also. Found the break/short, 3 feet up from plug. Cut the wire and put a new plug on end. No short now. Still can not figure out how to get inside cabinet without taking the front apart. Airstream really built these good.