Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Flat-Front (Cutter, Clipper, XC, XL & Skydeck) Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #1

2001 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/slide
salinas , California
electric problems 2001 land yacht 390 DP

ok got back from a trip about 2 weeks ago and parked the MH in storage, everything worked on the trip no problems, I swear. After parking i double checked to make sure every thing was shut off. Yesterday i pulled the coach out and i drove it about 60 miles. everything seemed ok. Now generator works, fired right up, but no interior lights, plugs dead,water pump wont come on, fridge will not light, ac not coming on, nothing. The inverter works and those plugs are hot when the inverter is on but the inverter will not shut off when i shut it off at the remote it just comes back on. Nothing else works on the panel except the generator switch which will fire the generator up. I checked the main circuit breakers they are all on not tripped. the fuses for the 12v are also not broken or out. I have power into the fuse box but not out. What???
Everything worked 2 weeks ago... any suggestions?
flourchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Land Yacht, Diesel Pusher, Master Switch, Generator

A little late but wondered if you found the problem???

After reading this I suspect it was just the "Master Switch" that was shut off when the unit was stored, and not returned to the on position.

Give us an update on your discoveries.

Dave
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
Rocket Man Ken

2001 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/slide
Brookville , Ohio
same deal, found problem

I had same thing happen. All 12volt went out. Few hours later came back on. 2 weekend trips later, same thing. 2001 XL 390 Power block in engine compartment (under bed) main 12 volt line to series of breakers. Dust and some corrosion just enough to kill power. Replaced one breaker, cleaned others. A little battery protectant spray. Fixed. It was frustrating / perplexing to track down, especially when it comes back on as randomly as it went off. This would be a classic, 'I should clean that up before it is a problem at bedtime' issue. So stupid simple, but if you had to pay for diagnostic... Especially when it comes and goes.

Sometimes you just get lucky.
RocketManKen is offline   Reply With Quote