No response. I have looked everywhere for info on that awning. The product number from the awning is 958302426 and the model number is 85082EU.048. I even had to take photos of my own manual as the pdf of the manual cannot be found on the inter webs. There is no description of repair in the manual but it does talk about installation.
I finally decided to take the awning down as it kept unrolling and getting caught in the door. If you are looking to do the same, it just takes a ladder and a phillips and straight blade driver. Just undo the two phillips screws holding the awning extenders
Let them dangle, and I put the screws back to keep from losing them. Then the flat blade screws hold the bottom of the legs, let them dangle too. Then up the ladder, just undo the front screw that holds the awning in the rail. If I had put that screw back I probably won't have lost it already. Now back on the ground, grip the two arms and slide the awning out and the whole thing is removed from your RV.
If this is all you were looking to do you could be done. Maybe remove the clips and cover them up the way adonh did above. I didn't like the awning from the start and originally this was my only goal. One of the first things wrong with the RV when I first saw it was the rusted front leg. I don't know why the other leg is still pristine. I had it covered in duct tape to make it look silver. When the awning worked I deployed it to protect the door during light rain, but when I left and retracted it, all that collected rain dumped directly on me. Funny, yeah. The awning had to go.
But somehow working on the RV has made me want to put it back together in as close to original status as I can. Going to have to sand all the rust off the front leg and paint it, will be happy to have it finally cleaned. I have unriveted the awning from the legs by drilling out the rivets holding the legs on and am shopping for a replacement torsion spring(s). Should be cheaper than a power awning, but I am also thinking about wiring a switch since I have the passenger seat removed and the plastic cup holder piece off. No better time than now to run the wire incase I decide to go electric in the future...