Old 04-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Tub City , British Columbia
Clipper, Side Table, Land Yacht

Many times on the road I need a flat work area to do a small job outside. Rather than pulling out the large ABS table or the aluminum work platform that we carry, I thought this idea would serve the purpose for light duty jobs.
Works great for beverage holder, laptop or whatever and allows you to keep from setting stuff on the ground. I have a roll of nonskid rubber type cover that I use to keep from scratching the surface if needed.
Simple rubber bungee to hold the door from raising and a broom handle screwed in tight for the support leg.
If the awning is out I even get to work in the shade.
A future refinement would be to use an adjustable support leg.
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mixed%20027.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	126841   Click image for larger version

Name:	mixed%20029.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	126842  

Name:	mixed%20031.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	126843   Click image for larger version

Name:	mixed%20032.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	126844  

Old 04-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
Streamin'

1995 30' Cutter Bus LE
Madison , South Dakota
Now that's a great idea. I'll have to try that.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Basement Storage, Clipper

Floor space is always at a premium in any RV, and the Clipper is no exception. This applies not only to the inside, but to the basement areas also.

To try to maximize the storage options on the Clipper, I have over the years made and changed many improvements.

On the previous post, I showed how I sometimes use the cargo door as a work area for the laptop, serving table, or other light duty jobs.

I sourced an extendable leg for this purpose, and mounted it on the door, so that it was not rolling around and lost among the other camping gear stowed in the basement area. (I can't find a picture of it now so will post one later)

The legs of my garden table I originally supported from the ceiling of the cargo bay with bungees, but this proved to be not the perfect solution. I have since, fabricated/mounted a piece of aluminium to hold the legs up out of the way. (The table itself lays flat on the basement floor.)

I have used a similar holder to store an aluminium chair and cushions in the upper part of the small bay forward of the entrance step.

As you can see, I have mounted storage bins from the ceiling of the bay to store misc. parts and supplies and still have plenty of room for my spare tire (for north trips only as I don't carry it if service is available in the area we are traveling) and other camping needs in the large passthru bay on the Clipper.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	062120121749.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	161528   Click image for larger version

Name:	062120121753.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	161529  

Name:	062120121767.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	161530   Click image for larger version

Name:	062120121777.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	161531  

Old 06-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Here is the picture of the extendable handle and storage position on the cargo door. The handle can be used for the wash brush or the window squeegee if needed to get those bugs off the top of the windshield.

All that air hose coiled in the picture is used to run the air/grease gun that I use on the road between service intervals at our home base.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	062220121791.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	161533  
Old 10-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
Rivet Master

While on our Clipper 2013 Tour MGW talked me into purchasing one of these compact picnic table assemblies for use at the boondock site.(Because I'm such a nice guy I, of course, said OK!)

Our existing 4 leg table was not stable on the uneven flat rock surface and we were continually spilling out coffee!

It is very well made, yet reasonably light to carry and handle the complete assembly, and easy to store in the basement of the Clipper. ( It folds to a depth of approx. 5".

The benches store completely within the bottom of the table and take no extra area.

We got this at CT but I can not find it on their site at this time. If I come across a supplier for this unique camping table I will post it.

I'm HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see the same item is sold at WWorld but at about twice the price I paid for it at CT in Arnprior, ON. Shop around.

The Stansport Camp Table with Folding Bench Seats is a rugged table that makes a great camping companion. This sturdy furniture offers a cozy place for four campers to rest and chat. Made of high-density polyethylene HDPE with sturdy steel telescopic legs, this outdoor picnic table ensures reliable performance for years to come. The Stansport folding picnic table unfolds for a quick set up, and can be folded to a compact size for transport or storage. The HDPE picnic table comes in white with black legs.

Stansport Camp Table with Folding Bench Seats: Made of high-density polyethylene HDPE
Table and bench seats include quality steel telescopic legs
Easily accommodates 4 campers
Sturdy bench style seats
Table and bench seats set up in seconds
Benches fold and fully nest inside table's interior making this unity versatile and mobile
Ideal for camping and tailgating and as an extra table and bench seats for home and backyard use
Dimensions: 45.5"L x 27.2"W
Color: White with black powder coated steel legs
Model# 616

Below is one bench folded.

Dave

"The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are". Samuel Johnson
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote