Old 07-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Cilpper, Fan-Tastic Vent, Atwood Mobile Products

The Clipper OEM installation was one powered Fantastic Vent with rain sensor in the kitchen area, and one without rain sensor in the bath. (Bath was model 4000R. Atwood have an upgrade kit for this to update it to a rain sensor --6600R.)

We did a short trip recently and I noticed that the OEM vent in the bath now had a broken *star* that holds the motor in place. I did a temporary repair, and contacted Atwood Mobile Products to see if I could order a replacement.

Within a few moments, after giving them all the information and model numbers, the parts were on the way.

Got them and installed them today as it was a bit cloudy and not too hot to be on the roof.

I had cleaned the screen at the beginning of last season, but as you can see, it needs cleaning on a regular basis. I had, this year, delayed this job until the new parts arrived. Probably enough dirt in the screen to reduce airflow 20%.

It is so nice to be able to order parts and repair this stuff rather that send everything to the dump and have to buy new.

Thumbs up to Fan-Tastic Vent for product and customer support.
Help desk is 1 800 521 0298.

Any other offshore outfit would have changed the design enough to require a new purchase.

The installation was easy, and there is no reason not to DIY. Take your time and do a general clean up and also spray a bit of silicone on the vent hinge, and the roller arm that moves the lid, and also on the electric button switch that shuts the fan down. Sometimes this sticks closed after lack of use and causes a moment of anguish.

Be sure to secure the wire so that it does not get sucked down into the fan when it is in reverse mode.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	071820122417.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	163419   Click image for larger version

Name:	071820122420.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	163420  

Name:	071820122422.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	163421   Click image for larger version

Name:	071820122423.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	163422  

Name:	071820122425.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	163423  

Old 07-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Louisville , Kentucky
Send a message via Skype™ to bnsonger47
So, the fan in the bath was like the one pictured and not the itty-bitty one with the big screen area like in our 2000?

The fan in the kitchen, with the rain sensor, is with the large blades and is, by far, quieter.

I intend to switch out the bath fan when I find a suitable replacement that will work with the raise/lower switch on the cabinet as well as the on/off.

bnsonger47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Years ago, a Fantastic Vent representative told me that instead of charging for replacement parts, they used a portion of their advertising budget to cover those expenses. They felt that this goodwill policy had greatly increased their company’s sales and reputation through word-of-mouth recommendations from satisfied customers.

Just a quick note to advise that Atwood Mobile is still providing free Fantastic Fan replacement parts, like the original owners did.

I sent an e-mail to Atwood at 10:00 PM last night requesting information on a replacement part, and received a response at 7:00 AM this morning indicating that free replacements were on the way.

Contact info appears below, for future reference:

E-mail: ftvservice@atwoodmobile.com

Note: Extracted from FanTastic Vent - Contact Us.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Did not work for me. We had a heavy wind while in Ontario and it stripped the gear on the lift motor allowing the lid to stay open when the rain sensor should have closed it, and we got a bit wet inside.

Called them on Friday and she said my warranty had expired on my 1996 unit and I would have to pay for the replacement part.

I am just happy that it was available at a reasonable cost and shipping was not out of line.

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
Sigh, another demise of a USA company with excellent service. . Well at least the part was available.
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Received my new lift motor, garnish, pop out screen, and a new insulated smoked vent cover and got them installed recently.

CANADA Customs catches these items now that Fantastic charges for replacement parts and the total $$$$ add up. Because we had to return early from our 2013 Tour I had to order the replacement parts for delivery to our home location here in BC.

The new white garnish looks a lot nicer in the kitchen and I moved that existing off white garnish to the bath vent to replace one that was brittle and discoulored.

Satisfaction always comes with completion of these small tasks that sometimes build up over time.

Have not completed the winterization of the CLIPPER at this point as we still hope to get another weekend trip in this month.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	110320136676.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	199669   Click image for larger version

Name:	110320136678.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	199670  

"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Just got off the phone from ordering a new mounting plate for the motor that raises and lowers the vent on my 8-year-old fan. No charge for it and an apology that they could not send it until tomorrow because the mail for today had already left.

Absolutly great customer service.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote