Old 06-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1957 22' Caravanner
Port Hadlock , Washington
So sorry, Dave. Please make a big effort to be good to yourself in this rough time. Grief just has a way of taking over and you sometimes just have to follow along with it.

-Steve

Blog: My 57 Caravanner
pbearsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Dave,

Dana let me know to look up this thread since I haven't been following things like I used to. So, first, thanks Dana for letting me know.

In such times, we look for something significant to say, but are usually unable to come up with much. I've experienced a lot of losses in my life, but the one I never have experienced is losing a spouse like you have. I think I'd be completely lost in my feelings for a while because I'd lost my best friend ever; you seem to be doing better than I would.

My thoughts are with you. I think the new Airstream MH may not be ready for a while, but if you can get on the road, go for it. Sometimes a change of scene is good for you.

If you can post on this thread your trip (road trip and personal trip), so much the better. Keeping connected is a good thing in such times.

Gene

Old 06-22-2014, 12:03 AM   #17
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Picture of Heather and youngest GD Caylee. This was the last time Heather was able to be with Caylee alone without her MOM. Heather was is a lot of pain but always a smile for the camera. Caylee is going to Jammi Day at school and this shot is at MD's around 8AM.

Heather has her favourite AIRSTREAM pullover on that she got at JC in 2009.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	093020136439.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	615.0 KB
ID:	229881  
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:15 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
1977 23' Safari
1986 34' Limited
Idaho Falls , Idaho
Sorry

So sorry for your loss: poor words to offer for such a huge loss in your life. May her name be eternal.

Vivian
Too many vintage A/Ss...
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:15 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I have some understanding of your pain as I lost my oldest son less than a year ago. While I do not understand much about life, I do try to be grateful to the God of my understanding, for every day I am given of this most precious gift.
AIR #31871 WBAC #4165 K4MTL

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:07 AM   #20
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus

Heather and I had planned to be in Legal, Alberta, for our good friends 50th wedding anniversary celebration on July 4th-5th-6th. All those plans we had to be together and enjoying the retirement that we worked so hard for.
Now, I am at a loss to find any direction for the future??? The Alberta trip is cancelled, next years planned Yukon, and the Newfoundland trip in 2016 are all now a wash. Maybe its time to change course and give up this beautiful road machine????????????????

Our Clipper had not been started since Nov. 19th last year. With all that has happened, I expected more grief late this afternoon when I decided to de-winterize the unit and test drive it for, what will be now, a summer of local camping with my Granddaughter Caylee and other extended family.

As each step was taken to de-winterize and pretrip the CLIPPER, I could not find one thing that needed attention. It was like I had just parked it yesterday. The Cummins started on the first turn, the Genset, the same. Tonight was the first time I felt rewarded for my efforts for some time now. It was a therapy day for sure!

Only went for LPG and fuel, stopped for supper, and took a few pictures, and got home about 10:30PM, but it sure felt good. Not as good as when my NAVIGATOR was with me, but better than sitting around the house doing paper work.

Dave

"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
Old 06-29-2014, 01:28 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I can't think, for you, or feel your feelings, but that is one beautiful motorhome.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #22
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Thanks everyone. And Robert, I would trade as many as needed of these to get my Navigator back!

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, I can't think, for you, or feel your feelings, but that is one beautiful motorhome.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #23
Full Timers/Diesel power.

1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
You know she'd want you to keep traveling, my wife and I have had conversations about this (shudder) topic.You're now a "sailor of the asphalt sea". See you down the road. M & J
Old 06-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #24
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
K.C. , Missouri
Dave, I think perhaps you have answered your own question when you state:

"......what will be now, a summer of local camping with my Granddaughter Caylee and other extended family."
Old 06-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Dave, deepest condolences on the loss of Heather.

"Maybe its time to change course and give up this beautiful road machine????????????????"
I know how disconnecting it is without your navigator beside you. Please take sometime to re-evaluate that road in life.

The Clipper looks so welcoming with its lights aglow. It sounds like your outing was indeed therapeutic; maybe those lights represent beacons of light and hope - to just keep going!

"......what will be now, a summer of local camping with my Granddaughter Caylee and other extended family."
Let this lead your way.....

Big hug,
FaN
Old 06-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
You answered my question in the PM—I wrote before I checked the thread.

Dave, don't make any decisions like selling the MH (or any other major ones) right now. When in the first (and maybe more) stages of grief it is not a good time to make such decisions. Hanging around the island, a wonderful and beautiful place, can be as good a summer as any.

We are waiting to sell our house before we make any major trips, but I'm sure wanting to go to Newfoundland and keep thinking about Alaska. If we can sell our house in the next few months, maybe we can get in a trip to the northwest though I think I'm looking at back surgery this year sometime too. I hope we can meet on the road someday.

The MH looks great.

Gene
Old 06-29-2014, 03:31 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
I'm really sorry to hear of your loss.

I don't know how I would cope without my "Nagivator"!!! (a name she took for herself from a Pickles cartoon;-)) But I know for sure she would want me to keep on Stream'n and enjoying life.

I hope you find your way soon!
Old 06-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
We are so very sorry for your loss.