Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2016, 08:47 PM   #201
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck
Alameda , California
2005 Airstream SKYDECK $250,000

WHAT???

There are already two other Skydecks for sale right now, so the question of demand vs supply is going to push the price down, but this RV is selling for MORE than it did when it was new!!

Also:

Click image for larger version

Name:	5851b889d5e6d1341b46a19f.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	276710

Where are you going to get a new cap for the RV?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5851b889d5e6d1271b7b2195.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	276711

Now the Airstream is in great shape otherwise, good paint, insides look great, but the patio is going to need to have the seats replaced. Can you even drive this without the cap on? It's gonna pull those seats right out of the roof...

-Randy
israndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:19 PM   #202
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck
Alameda , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by israndy View Post
There are already two other Skydecks for sale right now, so the question of demand vs supply is going to push the price down, but this RV is selling for MORE than it did when it was new!!

-Randy
Oops! forgot the link:

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2005...DECK-120464525

-Randy
israndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:49 PM   #203
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Airstream Clipper Motorhome

We are now into a New Year, 2017, and that makes me another year older and a little more difficult to be getting around.

With some minor health concerns, and having had both knees done in 2016, I now find it almost impossible to spend any time on a ladder, or on my knees doing maintenance on the CLIPPER.

Is it time to let my CLIPPER go?

The history of my Clipper is pretty well documented on this site, but if I decide to make this move, I will update all the specs, and include them in an add in the Airstream Classifieds. The CLIPPER #137 now has just 120,000 miles, with new tires and batteries in last half of 2016.

I have not made a decision at this point, but sitting here with winter aches and pains, has got me thinking maybe I should lower my expectations and start staying closer to home.

I am thinking I would need to get in the 40K US for the CLIPPER, but I would like to see that from someone that has the ability and resources to keep this legend on the road for another 20 years.

Am I being realistic? or is dementia setting in?

For those who are not familiar with my CLIPPER, click on the "Images" on the bottom of my avatar on the left.

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:51 PM   #204
2 Rivet Member

1995 36' Land Yacht Bus
Columbus , Ohio
Dave
I just saw this message from you back in early January. Let me know if you do get serious about selling the Clipper. As you know, I have one that my wife and I refurbed. One of my brothers is interested in moving toward land travel vs lake/boat and your unit might be the right thing. He is even more of a tinkerer than I am. We both live in Ohio. He would be very capable of carrying on the legacy. I have not mentioned this to him.

Let me know.

Steve.
superoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:59 PM   #205
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
I think I was having a tough day back then!
Spring is just around the corner, and I am getting excited again about another travel season. My new knees are doing great, back in good, eyes are 20/20, life is going great. My new shocks for the CLIPPER have arrived, and I am anxious to get her de-winterized in the next couple weeks and get moving.
Bev and I plan on being in Eastern Canada again Aug.- Sept. this year if all goes as planned, and that should repeat every year for the next few?

I will let you know if something comes up to change our long range plan.
Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superoma View Post
Dave
I just saw this message from you back in early January. Let me know if you do get serious about selling the Clipper. As you know, I have one that my wife and I refurbed. One of my brothers is interested in moving toward land travel vs lake/boat and your unit might be the right thing. He is even more of a tinkerer than I am. We both live in Ohio. He would be very capable of carrying on the legacy. I have not mentioned this to him.

Let me know.

Steve.
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
Old 03-12-2017, 06:56 PM   #206
2 Rivet Member

1995 36' Land Yacht Bus
Columbus , Ohio
Dave,
That is fantastic news! We have only enjoyed parts of that country up north but it is one of our favorite places to visit. We honeymooned in Quebec City about 35 years ago. We have taken the entire family and in-laws through Banff, Jasper, Edmonton, Calgary and back to Banff because of a really nice candy shop. ha.

Please keep your posts coming. Again, you have helped me tremendously and I truly appreciate it. I needed some "coaching" about this 25 of a kind RV and it really helped. I hope you have enjoyed reading a few of my trials and tribulations.

I am still curious by what path do you take electrical wiring from the front to the back. I could go behind the couch or try to push it up over the middle underneath. The previous owner didn't do it very well sometimes. I am just curious your thoughts on what you did to make it work.

Thanks again and looking forward to hearing of your travels and more.

Steve/Sylvia Wallace
Columbus Ohio
Old 03-13-2017, 09:32 AM   #207
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
I did answer you on that but the message got posted odd?
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f313...ml#post1916271

"I did run my wires down the boxed in corridor behind the couch, through under the kitchen, to under the shower, down into the service compartment there, and beyond to the engine and battery area. It takes some time but is doable."

Dave
Old 03-22-2017, 08:12 PM   #208
2 Rivet Member

1995 36' Land Yacht Bus
Columbus , Ohio
Dave,

Thanks for the wiring path thoughts. That was one of the oaths I thought to be reasonable.

Hope all else is going well.

Steve
Old 06-19-2021, 06:12 PM   #209
2 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
Hartwell , Georgia
Airstream Diesel Pusher 396 XL Motorhome 2003 https://www.airstreamclassifieds.com...georgia-362217
Beautiful with lots of upgrades
MT MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 01:16 PM   #210
2 Rivet Member

Hartwell , Georgia
Airstream Diesel Pusher Motorhome 396XL 2003 Land Yacht for sale
Www.airstreamclassifieds.com Georgia

Top-of-the-line coach with the famous Airstream quality throughout on Freightliner Chassi with Diesel CAT 350 engine also known as the commercial million mile motor. Barely broken in 160k miles lovingly used, and maintained, started and driven every month, rather than just sitting. This beautiful coach has only two owners. The six speed Allison Transmission causes this Coach to drive with only a touch of the accelerator, whether towing or not. Leather driver seating with power adjustments and massage. Hydraulic levelers make set up easy. Everything in excellent condition, with dozens of upgrades throughout. The air ride suspension, cold dash 2 air conditioning units and excellent heat makes for a comfortable trip for all aboard. All new LED white lights inside and out for brighter headlights, fog lights and interior lighting. 2 slide outs for kitchen area and full wardrobe to enlarge kitchen and bedroom. Neat and very clean interior with new recliner and newly reupholstered large Sofa in front which makes into full size sofabed. Easy Power cord advance/retract for power to plug into 30 or 50 electric amp, or flip on your 8kw Cummins Onan generator with 2 push button start/stops, as needed. Walk around Queen size bed in the rear with under bed storage & Large cedar wardrobe and extra closets with loads of storage. Split bathroom with large glass shower enclosure and a lavatory private room. Large sink and medicine cabinets. Corian countertops in kitchen, dining table w/ Corian leaf & matching chairs, refrigerator with freezer, pantry slide out, updated lifetime high end Vinyl flooring. Brand new upgraded Microwave/Convection oven. Dual ducted gas and electric furnaces, both roof A/C’s just serviced and produce cold air with upgraded low volt quiet starters Micro Air EasyStart on 15,000 BTU Air Conditioners with new A/C shrouds. 100 w Solar panel for extra battery charging. Carbon Monoxide detector and propane alarm. All solid light maple wood cabinets & 6 panel solid doors. New AM/FM radio; CD, CD/DVD/Surround sound. 2 flat screen TVs with outside plug for extra TV, ROKU and Samsung Apps & WiFi components, Satellite and all cable wired, WiFi Ranger antennae and brand new Winegard RVW-395 Sensar DTV/HD TV antennae. Inverter converter and additional new 2000 kw charger inverter for your computer protection. Full fiberglass roof cover, aluminum wheels, all Michelin radial tires with not more than 10,000 miles. Full Awnings, Backup monitor, Air Horn, Splendid Washer/dryer, thermal windows with upgrades and double blinds, 3 skylights w/ shades, 2 vents with Fantastic fans & rain sensors, new water pumps, new alternator, new batteries. Tire minder sensors with App for monitoring. Chrome heated mirrors, full basement for maximum storage. No smokers/No pets. Loaded w/ extras. Yearly Service Done by Freightliner and Main Service Center in Gaffney SC. This is one of the best and most reliable motor homes available.

Options and Standard Features
Basic Information
* Year: 2003
* Make: Airstream Motorhome
* Model: Landyacht 396XL
* Trim: 39 ft Diesel Pusher
* Type: Motorhome
* Sleeping Capacity: 4
* Length (Feet): 39
* Construction Body Material: Freightliner Chassi
* Sidewall Construction: Aluminum
Suspension / Braking / Wheels
* Tire Brand: Michelin
* Front Tire (Full Spec): Radial
* Rear Tire (Full Spec): Michelin LT225/75 R16
* Rear Tire Aspect Ratio: 75
* Rear Tire Width: 225
* Rear Brake Type: Electric Drum
Drivetrain
* Number Of Axles: 3
Safety
* Smoke Detector
* Carbon Monoxide Detector
* Propane Alarm
* Rear Video Backup Camera
* Emergency Exits: 1
Exterior
* Exterior Flood Lights
* Exterior electric hookup
* Retractable Roof Antenna
Interior
* Interior Color: CREAM/SOLID MAPLE
* Living Area Location: Center
Comfort
* Heaters: 2
* Number Of Sofas: 1
* Number Of Convertible / Sofa Beds: 1
* Air Conditioning 2 Type: Automatic
* Reclining Sofa and chair
* Sofa Material: New cloth
* Heater Type: Automatic
Convenience
* Power Vent Fan
* Sky Lights
* Roof Vents
* Leveling Jack Type: Front Manual / Rear Manual
Entertainment
* DVD Player
* Television
* Radio
* TV Antenna wired
* Cable wired
* Surround Sound
* Satellite wired
* Number Of Radios: 1
* Number Of Flat Screen Televisions: 2
* Speaker Location(s): Interior front and back
* Television Brand Name: Samsung
Slide-Outs & Awnings
* Slide Outs: 2
* Awnings All windows
* Awning Large Canopy
Towing
* Hitch Lights
Utility Hookups
* Number Of Propane Tanks: 1
* Water Heater Pump Power Mode: Electrical / Propane
* Water Heater Tank Capacity (g): 6 (l): 22.7
* Total Propane Tank Capacity (lbs): 80
* Propane Tank Gauge
Holding Tanks
* Water Capacity (Gallons): 51-60
* Fresh Water Holding Tank Gauge
* Gray Water Holding Tank Gauge
* Black Water Holding Tank Gauge
* Total Black Water Tank Capacity (gal): 39
* Total Fresh Water Tank Capacity (gal): 54
* Total Gray Water Tank Capacity (gal): 37
Electrical / Generator
* Exterior Plugs
* Ground Fault Plugs
* Battery
* Air Conditioning Prewiring
* Heat Prewiring
* Battery Converter Amps: 55
* Battery Power Converter/Inverters
Old 06-26-2021, 01:20 PM   #211
2 Rivet Member

Hartwell , Georgia
Airstream Diesel Pusher Motorhome 396XL 2003 Land Yacht for sale
Www.airstreamclassifieds.com Georgia
Old 06-26-2021, 01:31 PM   #212
2 Rivet Member

Hartwell , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT MAN View Post
Airstream Diesel Pusher 396 XL Motorhome 2003 https://www.airstreamclassifieds.com...georgia-362217
Beautiful with lots of upgrades
Mtman72002@yahoo.com