Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #1

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Lilburn , Georgia
Wireless backup cam

Has anyone tried this system?
Backup Camera System | RV | Mounted | 7'' | Wireless | Monitor
noelslv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
If you Google or Bing for reviews you seem to get a variety of responses. At their site the reviews are all glowing, no negative. That seems a little odd to me. I found this site and while some were still glowing, others were at the other end of the spectrum.

Tadi Brothers reviews | Customer reviews of Tadi Brothers | www.tadibrothers.com

Personally, I'd prefer a camera that was available from other outlets, like Amazon, where I can get a whole host of reviews.

I'd like a camera for the back of the AS, the mirrors just don't seem to be enough, especially when backing. So much could be hiding back there. So far, the wife with a walkie-talkie has been my camera. But I've done some research and I've got this one on my short list, seems to have decent reviews and is about half the cost of the one you're looking at.

YADA BACK UP CAMERA

They don't seem to be in stock at the moment. It says the operating range is 50'. I don't know if it can be hardwired or not.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Fort Erie , Ontario
I have the YADA cam. The BIG problem is the viewing angle which gives an image of a vehicle which appears further away than it actually is. Check your car mirrors and the warning on them. The other issue is that the cam mounted on the license plate is not waterproof but "water resistant" I had it mounted externally originally when it failed due to water ingress. Replaced with a larger screen monitor with cam inside. Anyway I can see the towed real good and am comforted that it still is attached as far as vehicles approaching, well, they have to be within a 10' or less to see adequately.
Next time around a better rear cam and sides with a bigger monitor.
Just sayin.

Steve
is.chowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by is.chowa View Post
I have the YADA cam. The BIG problem is the viewing angle which gives an image of a vehicle which appears further away than it actually is. Check your car mirrors and the warning on them. The other issue is that the cam mounted on the license plate is not waterproof but "water resistant" I had it mounted externally originally when it failed due to water ingress. Replaced with a larger screen monitor with cam inside. Anyway I can see the towed real good and am comforted that it still is attached as far as vehicles approaching, well, they have to be within a 10' or less to see adequately.
Next time around a better rear cam and sides with a bigger monitor.
Just sayin.

Steve
Their web site says the Yada BT53328F-1 is rated IP-67, which is dustproof and protected against the effect of immersion between 15 cm and 1 m. I saw some reviewers complaining about condensation; cloudy images on cold damp mornings. They said the camera would clear up later on. Is that the model number you had?

A large monitor won't work for me; tow vehicle. I see you have a motor home so you have more room to work with.

I've not found any of them that have the camera and display that get perfect reviews. The Yada had the best review I've seen so far. I'd certainly be interested if someone has something in the same price range (~$120) that would be better. My primary use would be to know if someone is back there and maybe coming up/around on me. The "closer than they appear" issue wouldn't be a problem for me. The cameras I've seen so far all have the wide angle (fish eye) view. You say within 10'; wow, that's not much warning at all. Not sure that would be very beneficial. Thanks for the info.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote