Old 08-29-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2000 31' Land Yacht
Kerrville , Texas
Which battery (batteries) are connected to solar?

My 2000 LY has a solar panel on the roof which I replaced last year. I do not know if it serves the house batteries or the engine battery. Reason for asking is the engine battery does not get charged from the built in converter. I can tell that much from the fact it has the same voltage plugged in as unplugged. So I guess the real question is "Should it be getting a charge from the converter, or does it depend on sunny days? BTW, Thanks to Overlander63 on my park brake diognosis. I removed the switch and sure enough there was fluid on the terminals. I ordered a new one from my local GMC dealer for $63. Has not yet arrived but will keep you posted.
Thanks, Frank

Santart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
2000 31' Land Yacht
My understanding is that the solar panel keeps the chassis battery up. It is only about 5 watts, so it can barely do that.
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off