Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1992 36' Land Yacht
Oroville , California
So long, it's been good to know you.....

Happy trails to all of you in your rollin' homes....sadly I must leave you now. I mainly got my 36 foot 1992 Land Yacht as a somewhat permanent home after I lost mine in a major forest fire. I lived in it with my partner, his giant malamute and my cat for almost 4 years while we were recovering from the fire and building a house from lumber milled on the spot from trees that died in the fire. When the house was finished, we invited a homeless person to live in the R.V. for about a year, and it has also offered shelter to others who were without a roof. We named the motor home Moby, partly because she was mobile, and also because she was sort of beached whale. I have enjoyed assistance from group members here, and was able to do some repairs and upgrades thanks to advice and recommendations....thank you! I no longer have Moby and she has now been re-located and so I need to bid you all a fond farewell, and wish you all the best! Happy Trails!
rollin home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:23 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Sherwood , Oregon
So glad you were able to rebuild and Moby was not only your lifeboat, but it also served others in like circumstances.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:42 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1992 36' Land Yacht
Oroville , California
Now I can concentrate on re-furbishing my small vintage motor home...a Vixen R.V..... which is basically half the length of the Airstream. The 18 foot Vixen is a nice compact little unit, similar to the Rialta and the LeSharo. I see Airstrream has a new smaller motor home, too. Best wishes to all you Land Yacht people and smooth sailing to you! And as boater wishes go, I wish you Fair Winds and Following Seas!
rollin home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:11 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin home View Post
Now I can concentrate on re-furbishing my small vintage motor home...a Vixen R.V..... which is basically half the length of the Airstream. The 18 foot Vixen is a nice compact little unit, similar to the Rialta and the LeSharo. I see Airstrream has a new smaller motor home, too. Best wishes to all you Land Yacht people and smooth sailing to you! And as boater wishes go, I wish you Fair Winds and Following Seas!
We were looking at Vixens for our first purchase, partly because we have had BMW's since 1990 and a diesel pusher in that size was tempting but we were put off my likelihood of ongoing maintenance on something that old. OTOH you have a really great unique vehicle, hope you can find the kind of support that is here for your "new-to-you" moho.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:46 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
formerly of Tustin, Huntington Beach, Dana Point, and Laguna Beach , California
Great story and a kind heart. We wish you the best in your future endeavors. Thanks for sharing.
westcoastas is offline   Reply With Quote