Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1991 36' Land Yacht
Catawba , Virginia
Rocker switch identification

Land Yacht 36 MH,

Inside entry door on the left sink vanity is a bank of (4) rocker switches with a separate switch below for the retractable step. I can identify 2 of the switches from the right side moving towards the door are the interior lights, patio light then the other 2 are missing the green labels and are either broken or function from another location. Can anyone tell me what they operate? The wiring schematic in my manual you almost need a microscope to read anything, and some of what I have found is inaccurate.

The good news is that I have found a source where you can purchase these exact rockers switches as well as the matching ones in the dash panel and for electric locks, widows and mirrors as well. I'm working to identify them by their part # and power configuration. Once I've completed this I'll post the information for all of the AS forum. The local mass transit bus garage has been a good source of where to find specialty parts. As I was sitting beside a city bus I noticed the marker lights ,lens, Bargman told me they were discontinued. This Bus was new! Go figure! I've got all new marker lights and no leaks. Once I whip this Auto Park malfunction I'll be "cruisin"!
Road Dawg 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1993 33' Land Yacht
Midland , Michigan
On our 1993 LY MH there are only 4 and they are the patio & docking lights, interior lights and the step. Would have to double check on the correct sequence.

https://s1290.photobucket.com/user/gl...58808196506793
gloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Streamin'

1995 30' Cutter Bus LE
Madison , New Mexico
On our 1995 30' Land Yacht there are 4 switches just inside the door. From left to right they are: Step, Ceiling, Patio, and Batt (the Auxelery Battery Disconnect Switch).
BarnacleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1993 33' Land Yacht
North Bend , Oregon
Send a message via ICQ to tbro Send a message via MSN to tbro Send a message via Yahoo to tbro
On my 93 this is the sequence of the rocker switches left to right:

blank
Step
Patio
Ceiling Lights

My Web Workings
tbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Same as my 92 36' LY
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1991 36' Land Yacht
Catawba , Virginia
I don't think they built any 2 alike. Seems like they just used parts left over from years past to build these coaches. It's difficult to go to the parts store with item in hand and get results. Although the chassis is supposedly a P30 it utllizes parts from Lincoln Continentals, Camaro's and who knows what else.
Road Dawg 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnacleBill View Post
On our 1995 30' Land Yacht there are 4 switches just inside the door. From left to right they are: Step, Ceiling, Patio, and Batt (the Auxelery Battery Disconnect Switch).
Our 2000 uses this sequence, but the ceiling one only works when they are turned on at the fixture, same with the dash and galley sink light.

I will be interested in the dash switch numbers, as they have a different way of attaching than the usual rocker switch, they are made to lock in at about 3/4 of an inch depth and don't have the flange at the surface.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #8

1997 31' Land Yacht
Congress , Arizona
Rocker switches and all

My 1997 LY 30 also has the four switches by the door, and work as you describe. I think the ceiling light switch near the door is so arranged that if you leave the fixture switch on when you leave, and turn off at the door, then when you return you can have lights from the door. Works for me!!

I'm really interested in locating some replacement for the rocker switches on the dashboard. I have a couple that are giving me trouble and would like to replace.
Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote