Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #21
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Paul,

We are traveling shorter distances as well and relaxing more instead of going many miles just about every day as we used to. Glad you could find a way to keep traveling at a more moderate pace.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:01 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1994 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Franklin NC , North Carolina
On the Road Again

As I said in post #18 of this thread, we decided to keep our Land Yacht and take shorter trips.
We're preparing for the 2019 Glidden Tour in Rock Hill SC. It's a tour for pre-WWII antique cars, held in a different location every year. We'll put our 1934 Ford Fordor (Like Bonnie 7 Clyde died in) on our aluminum car trailer and take it on the tour with our Land Yacht.
I'm sporting a new knee and I don't know yet how that will work with RVing.
Walking long distances is still a problem for the new knee as well as the other un-repaired knee. Anyway I'm just checking in to say Hello Airstreamers.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:21 PM   #23
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Sounds like an interesting tour. Wondering if something similar was what we met on the Avenue of the Giants, the last lime we visited. Just great to see older cars on the road with smiling people aboard. Good luck with your tour. Keep up with the physical therapy on that knee. Hope were meet you down the road. . Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #24
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Paul,

My wife has a new knee and another one to come in January. After 8 weeks she is doing quite well, but walking long distances will take time. Recovery from knee surgery is a long slog and teaches us patience. I just wish we could learn patience faster.

Glad to see you are still truckin'.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:37 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepherdstown , West Virginia
RV Al,
I have a diesel pusher few years newer than Paul's with a propane Onan generator. Its never needed anything other than oil change so far. Had a problem with starting which turned out to be a bad connection on the wire to the coach battery. It was rusted so all it needed was wire brush to clean the connections.

However, I have heard from others that major work to the generators might be cause to drop it for full service or replacement.
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote