Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2015, 09:19 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Excella
Ontario , Canada
Smile replacing window fan with light fixture

My wife loves to sit in her co-pilots lounging chair and read but the lighting wasn't the greatest. So removed the ugly front window anti-misting fan (have only had these fans on twice in 3 years) and replaced it with a light fixture. Straight forward, easy to do. BUT when I took off the cover above the side window discovered a set of 12 v wires that I think were to be used with a power side awning. So used these for the light. (Those wires were not taped at the ends and were live. should have been capped) Also behind this cover is the 110 ac wire going to that hidden outlet next to the grill at the lower front wall. So as an alternative you could install a 110 fixture if you wanted.
As for the now unused fan wires, I capped and taped the ends.
woodytwo is offline   Reply With Quote