Old 07-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #15
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Thanks for the instructions. There are 2 shades in my MH that need repair and I didn't know how to do it.

Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:41 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Evansville , Indiana
Steve, glad you were able to make a quick fix on your shades. Way to go!! I have had one fail as you described, but the one in my original post had a string break up in the shade.

Sam

p.s. -- It's too hot to camp here. Looking forward to the Fall, so we can get back at it.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1998 31' Land Yacht
I-95 Corridor , east coast
Thanks Sam.

Sorry to hear that your string broke. These shades are pretty neat, but they do break a lot.

Most of the little plastic things tend to bread in our coach. Those plastic things that hold the panels in the cabinet doors break often too. I use metal flat washers with a dab of silicone on them to make the nipple to apply pressure while holding the panel in. I bought a pack of 30 flat washers, drilled another hole along the edge and painted them brown. Now I can use them on the blinds or the cabinets, and they seem to look fine. The age and heat will not harm the metal washers either. I think that the problem with all the plastic parts is caused from heat and age.

I'll tell ya, it is hot here too (Coastal North Carolina). We spent the weekend at a KOA about an hour from home. They have a nice pool and we enjoy the fire in the evening. Plus, I am not sure why, but I relax much better when out in the RV. I do enjoy fall the best though. We are looking forward to the changing of the colors and the cool weather that comes with it.

One of my favorite trips is in August. We head to Cherokee NC for the fly fishing tournament held for kids. We stay at the KOA there on the Res. It is fantastic, and it is 30 degrees cooler there than here at home during the day. That KOA is the largest one we have been to, and with all the activities and fun stuff to do, we enjoy the whole experience. The area is full of fun things to do. We would live there if we could, but that work thing keeps getting in the way.

We were in DC over the 4th of July. Man, it was hot there too. Too many folks around that town, though it is beautiful.

Happy Camping,

Steve
Old 07-26-2010, 04:52 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Evansville , Indiana
Steve, I like your fix with the metal washer. That is a good idea and I see no reason that it should not work.

Sounds as if you had a good weekend at the KOA. I guess the Smokies would be about as close as we could go to get any heat relief. We are waiting on September.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:41 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

1998 31' Land Yacht
I-95 Corridor , east coast
KOA was good fun. This coming weekend, we plan on being at the beach. I'd love to visit the Smokies. They are one of my favorite places. It takes too long to get there, for a short trip. I would leave home about 6 pm on a Friday, and and get there about 1 am on Saturday morning. Then, Sunday we would have to head back home.

Hopefully, our motorhome will be back from the shop by Thursday evening. She is getting a completely new brake system installed. Had a little problem last Friday.

Have a Great One,

Steve