Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-06-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
RAG
3 Rivet Member

2004 30' Land Yacht Gas 30
Canadensis , Pennsylvania
Power Gear "Control Box" Location?

Hi Folks,

Might anyone know where Airstream located the Control Box for the Power Gear Leveling Jacks (2000-2005). According to available information, Land Yachts, beginning with 2000, used a remote located Control Box model #500457 (1st photo) and a dash mounted Touch Pad model #500456 (2nd photo). I have no idea where this control box is located but, it contains (4) 3 amp fuses, one of which may be the reason my front jacks do not work.

I believe the Control Box might have a cover over it, but again, I don't know what it looks like.

Any and all help is always appreciated.

Regards and safe travel,

Randy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ControlBox.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	247370   Click image for larger version

Name:	PG-Panel.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	247371  

RAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:34 PM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
On my 96 CLIPPER, the control box is on the ceiling of the basement, forward of the fresh water tank, inside the frame rails. Yes there are a number of fuses in that module.

You might locate the area of the solenoid box and make sure all the wires are secure to each solenoid. (This is probably located near your hydraulic oil reservoir?)

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:59 AM   #3
RAG
3 Rivet Member

Power Gear "Control Box" Location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
On my 96 CLIPPER, the control box is on the ceiling of the basement, forward of the fresh water tank, inside the frame rails. Yes there are a number of fuses in that module.
Dave
Thanks for the response, Dave......

Is your dash mounted touch pad the exact one I have pictured in my original post?

Thanks again,
Randy
Old 09-07-2015, 06:02 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Evansville , Indiana
One control panel was on the high side of the fender well at the left side (inside the cab).
Airstream12557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:32 AM   #5
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
The Dash control touch pad plate on the 96 CLIPPER is pn 500535. It is similar, but the view is reversed from what you have shown. The information and touch buttons are condensed into a smaller pad surface than yours. My plate measures 5 x 3 3/4"

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAG View Post
Thanks for the response, Dave......

Is your dash mounted touch pad the exact one I have pictured in my original post?

Thanks again,
Randy
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:29 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
jackson center , Ohio
Control box

[try looking in the RS exterior front compartment

QUOTE=RAG;1680123]Hi Folks,

Might anyone know where Airstream located the Control Box for the Power Gear Leveling Jacks (2000-2005). According to available information, Land Yachts, beginning with 2000, used a remote located Control Box model #500457 (1st photo) and a dash mounted Touch Pad model #500456 (2nd photo). I have no idea where this control box is located but, it contains (4) 3 amp fuses, one of which may be the reason my front jacks do not work.

I believe the Control Box might have a cover over it, but again, I don't know what it looks like.

Any and all help is always appreciated.

Regards and safe travel,

Randy[/QUOTE]
Schu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:57 AM   #7
Rockin' my Land Yacht 26

2005 26' Land Yacht Gas 26
Fall City , Washington
In my 26' Land Yacht it is behind the "Center Console Shelf". Wasn't looking for it, but found it as I removed the console by removing the screws that hold the doors in place. Once those where out, the entire box came out and voila, ...there it is, mounted upside down on a thin metal bracket.

Good luck!
steveQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:52 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2005 33' Land Yacht Gas 33
pembroke pines , Florida
Shu has it right. Curbside front compartment behind entry door. Top of the compartment in the far end. Save a ton of money and look for parts on eBay or Amazon. Just replaced my keypad and saves $300 over what the repair tech would have charged me
normandgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #9
RAG
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream12557 View Post
One control panel was on the high side of the fender well at the left side (inside the cab).
You called it! That's exactly where it was, Thanks!

Harder to reach than a more generous designer would have allowed, but not out of the ordinary for most RVs.

Below is a proper layout of the 4 fuses, as the diagram in the manual didn't match-up to what I found.

Safe travel and my thanks to all,

Randy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ControBox.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	247926  
Old 09-15-2015, 12:37 PM   #10
RAG
3 Rivet Member

Power Gear Front Jacks

Well, the fuse in the remote located "control box" which operates the front jacks, is good (damn!); even swapped it out with one that's known to be good, in order to be sure. The rear right and left jacks, both together and independently, work properly and the fluid level is, and has been, at the proper level. The motor is working when the front jacks button on the dash pad is pressed, as it makes that "motor sound".

Our Land Yacht 30, "Christine", has had a habit of rather unusual "fits" from time to time, e.g. the radio comes on and off at various intervals without any buttons being pressed, so therein lies her name. Those of you familiar with Stephen King's "Christine" (book or movie), will understand. Wouldn't be surprise if everything worked fine tomorrow.... but I doubt it.

Not sure where to go from here, or maybe it's to the lumberyard for a few leveling planks for the front tires. Not my first choice, but are there any others, short of leaving her at the mercy of a "Camping World" type service shop?

As always, any and all help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Regards and safe travel to all,

Randy
Old 09-16-2015, 05:11 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Evansville , Indiana
RAG, my leveling jacks acted crazy one time. The front would go down, but the back jacks would not. Then the next try, something else crazy would happen. I turned both the switches off by the manin entrance door (don't remember what they were called, but they isolate the battery when coach is in storage). I left both off for a few minutes, switched back on, and the jacks worked OK. I likened it to rebooting a computer.

We sure enjoyed our 2004 30 Ft./with slide, but sold it this summer and went back to an Airstream trailer. Each type of RV has its advantages!
Airstream12557 is offline   Reply With Quote