Old 07-09-2016, 09:14 AM   #15

1996 30' Land Yacht
Benson , Arizona
May need to cross-post this over in Mechanics Corner - although that may be frowned upon...

Someone has to have been down this road previously.

Old 07-09-2016, 04:05 PM   #16

1996 30' Land Yacht
Benson , Arizona
Found this in during my mandatory 15 minute cool down every hour. It's 105 outside, I am on the roof of the coach pulling 1/2-3/4" dicor off of the front fan base...

http://forums.motorhomemagazine.com/...print/true.cfm

Some good info on pulling the tank, cutting an access hole in the coach to get to the fuel pump, and also about installing an inline pump for Plan B.

About half way down there is a post on TBI fuel pressure - 9-11 psi. That sound right? Then later another post about getting a 100 psi pump.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:16 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1998 31' Land Yacht
lafayette , Colorado
pump

AC Delco FLS1003 Fuel Sending Unit - Direct Fit

$190.23 $224.47You Save $34.24 (15%)
Add to Cart
Availability: In Stock, 1-2 Business Days

Earn 190 points!

Only from APW Rewards Be an AutoPartsWarehouse.com VIP and get more benefits than ever before, including earning at least 1 point for every dollar spent when you shop at APW. Click here for details.

ACDELCO – OE REPLACEMENT FUEL SENDING UNITS
Restore your fuel gauge’s readings to maximum accuracy with the solid construction and reliable performance of ACDelco’s OE replacement fuel sending units. E… (see more)

ACDELCO – OE REPLACEMENT FUEL SENDING UNITS
Restore your fuel gauge’s readings to maximum accuracy with the solid construction and reliable performance of ACDelco’s OE replacement fuel sending units. Established in 1899, ACDelco manufactures original GM parts and premium OE replacement parts for other brands in the automotive aftermarket.
  • Solidly constructed to protect against sulfur contamination, finger damage and sensor failure
  • Built with thick, ultra-durable wear pads and wiper contacts
  • No stress to install
  • Engineered to exceptional OE standards
  • Carefully inspected to guarantee superior quality
  • Covers broad range of makes and models
(see less)

• Brand SKU#: AC Delco FLS1003
  • Product Fit: Direct Fit
  • Quantity Sold: Sold Individually
  • Recommended Use: OE Replacement
  • Anticipated Ship Out Time: 1-2 Business Days
  • Warranty: 1-year or 12,000-mile AC Delco limited warranty

Customer Rating :
★★★★★ ★★★★★ (0)

See all AC Delco Fuel Sending Unit (2 items)
Here is the sending unit. There are cheaper ones this is oem
Old 07-10-2016, 06:26 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1998 31' Land Yacht
lafayette , Colorado
I may be wrong but I don't think you can suck thru a nonworking chevy pump & you still may have a clogged screen.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by garypk View Post
I may be wrong but I don't think you can suck thru a nonworking chevy pump & you still may have a clogged screen.
I plan to take off of the gen set feed.
Just heard from the RV repair place, I did chew up the distributor gear! Wasn't the fuel pump after all!
Old 07-11-2016, 10:17 PM   #20

1996 30' Land Yacht
Benson , Arizona
kdullea - bummer! How the heck does that happen?

garypk - is this a sending unit you have actually purchased and confirmed it fits a 96 (or so) LT with the 80 gallon tank? I have had a devil of a time with parts that various companies tell me will fit - then once I order, they get to me, I put them in the project que, and then once I start I discover more than half the time I have been told wrong. I have literally returned over a dozen different parts that did not fit.

I started a thread awhile ago on listing confirmed parts that fit - but it seemed to get no traction; I guess purchasing ans trying to install and then returning incorrect part doesn't bother some folks....
Old 07-12-2016, 02:20 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by pago cruiser View Post
kdullea - bummer! How the heck does that happen?

Well about three miles before the check engine light, I hit a football sized rock at 55mph! dented both rims. There was no way to avoid it! It must have jolted something in the engine and chipped a tooth on the dist? That is my best guess.
Got to a tire shop and they swapped rims with the spare.
Thank you four states tire!
Old 07-12-2016, 06:44 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1998 31' Land Yacht
lafayette , Colorado
kdullea Ouch!! I'm cringing just looking at the aftermath of that jolt!
Pago couldn't say for sure but here's what I do: use the truck frame ser# only & it will usually be a year older than the MOHO. Use Chevy p30 not 32 or workhorse or anything else. Look it up online call local truck shops to cross #s if needed. For something as hard to change as the sender I used ac delco as they are oem & accuracy matters. I've done it with belts,fuel pump, ac compressor & switches, rear jounces & airbags. I haven't had a misfit. I don't talk to the kid at Napa until I'm pretty sure of what I want. I think many go wrong using the year of the motorhome instead of the chassis. By the way I do remember it was the same for 60 or 80 gal
Throttle body pressure is about 12psi. If you get less than that you block the return line to see if you have a bad regulator. What do you think happens if you increase to 55 or 100? It's a low pressure system. You get a gas shower!