Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
Ly 26/30

New to the site, but an OLD motorhomer - from the 70's. I'm kinda getting interested in the 26' LY. We presently have a Leisure Travel Sprinter class "B" and love it, but think the 26 would be a good compromise on the size - to big 50% of the time and to small the other 50%. I have experience with old gas MH, and have always found them to require full time handling - due to their poor handling. I hope that the LY, with the lower profile would be better - any insight would be appreciated. Also any leads to coaches on sale right now ? Thanks
toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:12 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Evansville , Indiana
Toyman, I like the length of the 26 ft, but a couple of things to consider: 1) amount of outside storage, 2) bed located on the side. To me, having the bed on the side so that there is only access from one side would be a deal breaker.

On handling, I am satisfied with the handling on my 30 ft w/slide. It did wander when I first got it, but after a proper alignment, it behaves quite well on the road. (See my post below on alignment).

The 30 ft. unit without a slide is often available and is less expensive than a unit with a slide. The 30 ft. has either twin beds (not very common) or a queen bed (more common and has access from both sides). On paper, I like the 33 ft. unit. It has more inside and outside storage, a longer couch, and a separate over-stuffed chair in the living area. I think it also has a larger shower.

Sam
Airstream12557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
Looking at the floor plan of the 26, I think we could live with the bed, since you can get around halfway at the foot - need to see if it is a 54, or 60" wide though. I like the 30 SO, but we travel the back roads and stay in the woods as often as we can - about 150K miles since '06 in Sprinter class 'B's' and we REALLY like the flexibility that the smaller unit gives. The 26' Lazy Daze is a great floor plan (to bad AS didn't copy it) but I didn't like the class 'C', we had a Lazy Daze.

If I went to the 30, it would be the SO model.
toyman is offline   Reply With Quote