Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1995 33' Land Yacht
Lubbock , Texas
LP Detector Location in 1995 LY

I have looked and can't find one. I have a CO detector in the bedroom next to TV and a smoke alarm in galley on ceiling above dinnette. I have looked low all around galley but I can't locate one. Shouldn't a 1995 LY have on?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2002 31' Land Yacht 30
Auburn , California
should be near floor under fridge if you have one.
tebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:34 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
I have a 1974 Sovereign and I know that it did not come equipped with an LP detector. Someone on the forum stated that I may be able to find one at Wal-mart....I was not able to find one at our local store---bummer....Is there somewhere else that I can look that will not cost a bundle on shipping and handling???Everything that I have found so far on the internet is not only overpriced, but the S&H is outrageous!!!---BTW--Sometimes I hate living in a smaller town!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Arkansas Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by imeynstein View Post
I have a 1974 Sovereign and I know that it did not come equipped with an LP detector. Someone on the forum stated that I may be able to find one at Wal-mart....I was not able to find one at our local store---bummer....Is there somewhere else that I can look that will not cost a bundle on shipping and handling???Everything that I have found so far on the internet is not only overpriced, but the S&H is outrageous!!!---BTW--Sometimes I hate living in a smaller town!!!
Camping World has them in stock in North Little Rock. (Safe-T-Alert Detectors - Product - Camping World) I got one there. They price match for members. Saved me a fortune on my refrigerator. It’s about 151 miles from Texarkana, but if you’re doing other things in LR/NLR keep them in mind. The next closest one is in Denton, TX, about 220 miles from you. If you do come to Little Rock, let me know and we can do lunch or dinner.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by vswingfield View Post
Camping World has them in stock in North Little Rock. (Safe-T-Alert Detectors - Product - Camping World) I got one there. They price match for members. Saved me a fortune on my refrigerator. It’s about 151 miles from Texarkana, but if you’re doing other things in LR/NLR keep them in mind. The next closest one is in Denton, TX, about 220 miles from you. If you do come to Little Rock, let me know and we can do lunch or dinner.
I did a google search for CO & Propane detectors for RVs, they were less expensive than CW, even with the shipping cost and it arrived in 3 days. I . Saved gas in my truck also
Sixty3TW4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
FT RVing

1976 31' Sovereign
Always searching for a place w/low Humidity , FT RVing, N & S, E & W, & in between
LP detector

OK....so what BRAND did you buy and where did you find them? Bill