Old 04-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1991 36' Land Yacht
Catawba , Virginia
Land Yacht Paint Code

Did Airstream use paint codes that are part of the vehicle build code? Anyone know where it is located. I have a tag on the drivers door jamb and one on the radiator frame next to the #VIN plate. I'm trying to match a small area and just don't want to make a 60 mile round trip so the paint shop can laser scan it.

THX.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
RAG
3 Rivet Member

2004 30' Land Yacht Gas 30
Canadensis , Pennsylvania
Have you tried calling Airstream Technical Support?

877-596-6505

Old 04-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Rockford , Michigan
There is a paper label inside the closet door showing the paint names & codes for our Land Yacht.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1993 33' Land Yacht
Midland , Michigan
When I tried to find the bottom paint color on my 93 LY, the color codes Airstream gave me couldn't be cross reference to current paint codes from Dupont. Ended up having the paint scan, wasn't happy with the match. Good luck, and I would be happy to hear from you if you have any better success in finding a source.

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/gl...58808196506793
gloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1991 36' Land Yacht
Catawba , Virginia
Had a neighbor that is a professional paint and body guy look at it today. Gave me some good tips and supply list to clean up the oxidation and just by hand it came out quite well. It won't be glossy like your photo but maybe in between. Guess I'm going to have to drive it over to the paint store to have it scanned, Airstream has not returned my call. Where did you get the stripe material? Are those Airstream Logo Decal on the nose?
Old 04-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Kernersville , North Carolina
paint code PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Dawg 36 View Post
Did Airstream use paint codes that are part of the vehicle build code? Anyone know where it is located. I have a tag on the drivers door jamb and one on the radiator frame next to the #VIN plate. I'm trying to match a small area and just don't want to make a 60 mile round trip so the paint shop can laser scan it.

THX.
They have it on-line
http://www.airstream.com/files/libra...c78db5c5de.pdf
Old 04-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #7
Rivet Master

Tub City , British Columbia
Thanks for that find Dan. I don't believe we ever had that info here before.
You did GOOD.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@LED4RV View Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1994 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Franklin NC , North Carolina
Paint Codes

When we bought our 94 Land Yacht I discoverd these paint codes by Duplicolor, who makes most manufacturers touch up paint in both touch up bottles and spray.
Ours is two tones of grey, these are the numbers in Duplicolor.
Metal Grey = T-183
Shadow Grey = S-112
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0222.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	464.2 KB
ID:	155281  
Old 04-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1993 33' Land Yacht
Midland , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Dawg 36 View Post
Had a neighbor that is a professional paint and body guy look at it today. Gave me some good tips and supply list to clean up the oxidation and just by hand it came out quite well. It won't be glossy like your photo but maybe in between. Guess I'm going to have to drive it over to the paint store to have it scanned, Airstream has not returned my call. Where did you get the stripe material? Are those Airstream Logo Decal on the nose?
What product did you use for the oxidation? My fiberglas was badly oxidized when I got it, and I used a product called Turbo Cut made by Wizard Automotive products. Worked great(I also did complete coach by hand, a lot of rubbing) but worth the effort. The bottom grey painted portion didn't need to be rubbed out. The Turbocut worked great on all the decals too, bringing them back to life. They are all original and in good shape. On the hood the Airstream name is a stuck on blue lettering emblem with the blue decal stripe on each side. As far as finding the right paint code, all the codes I came up with wouldn't cross reference with the newer paint codes. I had a bad ding in my first compartment cargo door behind my entry door.tThe body shop assured me they could still match the paint color using paint scanning. I think the door with the ding in it looked better before it was painted.

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/gl...58808196506793
gloran is offline   Reply With Quote