Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2014, 09:04 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
2005 30' Land Yacht Gas 30
Near the water , Wa
Land Yacht door and hatch seal replacement source

Hi,
Our 2005 has some failed door seal, thus window noise, rubber. Lower and back hatch seal too.
Anyone know how to source identical replacement Seals and glue?
As always, thanks, this is an awesome group for sharing info....

Robert
Bella123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Excella
Ontario , Canada
My door has been a constant source of rattling noise going down the road. Tried adding extra seals, rubber between door and screen door and frame all to no avail. Tried silicon spray also. So if you finsd solution let us know. Good Luck.

Was able to purchase door seal from the Airstream factory for the drivers door. You might try them for the seal for the main door.
woodytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Excella
Ontario , Canada
Regarding that driver's door seal that i bought, you must use a good quality glue for this purpose. They sold me a tube of something. It's out in the m/h so don't know what it is called.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:54 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
I used 3M weatherstrip glue for the driver's door. It is bright yellow so needs to be applied carefully. Most auto supply stores sell similar products from Permatex or other reputable brands.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Excella
Ontario , Canada
[QUOTE=TerraYacht;1518383]I used 3M weatherstrip glue for the driver's door. It is bright yellow so needs to be applied carefully. QUOTE]

Haven't installed my new one but will do so soon. So your experience with doing this would be helpfull.

What did you use to clean the doorframe?
Did you apply the glue to the weatherstrip first before adhering to the doorframe or to the door frame first and then applying the weatherstrip??
I assume that the glue is not water soluble. What did use use to clean up any glue that seeped out?
Any other advice?
Thank you.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:08 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2010 28' International
2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Moose Jaw , Saskatchewan
LY door seals

Yes that rubber seal on the Driver side door is a real problem , I wonder if it ever worked from new. I'm on my second generation attempt using closed cell foam for residential use it seems to work the longest, rather easy to remove when worn . I have been getting 2 -3 years of wear. Because the door jiggles it will wear anything like rubber and in cool weather it is very leaky when worn out .:roll eyes:
Popcornkid is offline   Reply With Quote