Old 12-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2000 31' Excella
Ontario , Canada
Red face How to put air in a tire?

OK i've many vehicles and trailers over the past 60 years and always prided myself in looking after the air pressure to avaod problems. Then I bought a MH and have tried unsuccesfully to add air to the duals. The inner has a rubber(?) extension that will buckle when you try to put air in it. The outter valve is hidden behind the chrome rim thiggamigigs. I'vr been using the air at Flying j to no avail. Seems to need a clamp on air connector. Am I alone in my delema?

woodytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1993 30' Excella
Lakeland , Florida
need a picture to help, I've had motorhomes since 1972 and never heard of a rubber extension for the inner tires.

arcamedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
Wise Elder
2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota

That job will go much better if you have a dual-head air chuck. You can buy one for your home shop from any auto parts place and they should have one at the truck side of things at the flying J. The part of the air chuck that faces towards you is used to inflate the outer tire, and the part that faces away from you is used to inflate the inner tire. While the long stems may tend to buckle somewhat, with the proper chuck you should be able to push straight enough on them that they will work.
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #4
1995 30' Cutter Bus LE
Madison , South Dakota
Dual tire inflators

Here’s what I did.

I installed these hub mount dual tire inflators made by Wheel Masters. I went for the stainless braided hose figuring it would hold up better to the elements and road hazards.

Here’s a link to Wheel Masters web site.

I think The Crossfire Dual Tire Pressure Equalization System maybe a better system. I plan to install them on my rig.

Dual tires have their own set of problems. When you’re driving down the road, the inner tire's temperature increases due to in-board brakes and poor air circulation. This causes increased air pressure, which expands the inner tire's diameter. As a result, the dual tire configuration is now distorted - the diameters are unequal.

The Crossfire is a pressure equalizing and monitoring valve that is mounted between dual tires. It bolts to the lug, or hub cap. When it is installed, air flows from one tire to the other, maintaining equal tire pressure and load distribution.

They say it can increase the tires life by 20%, increase fuel mileage and improve stability, braking and overall safety.

It also is a single-point inflation system for both tires and has a pressure gauge built in.

Check it out. Here is their web site:

Dual Dynamics

Is anybody else using this product? If so, how do you like it?
BarnacleBill is offline   Reply With Quote