Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
RAG
3 Rivet Member

2004 30' Land Yacht Gas 30
Canadensis , Pennsylvania
Generator Exhaust & CO Alarm... Help?

Has anyone had experience with the Camco "Gen-Turi" Generator Exhaust Venting System or anything like it?

We lost power in our home at the beginning of Hurricane Sandy and decided to move into "Christine", our LY 30, parked in the driveway. For the next 5 days, she was a true lifesaver, however, we did have a scare one night, when the carbon-monoxide alarm went off while running the generator. After this episode, I placed 2 fans outside, at the generator exhaust pipe, to blow the fumes away from the coach; no problems after that.

Any thoughts, similar experiences or recommendations for a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards and safe travel to all....

Randy, Pam & 🐕
RAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
I had a similar experience just recently at Road Atlanta for the Petit Lemans race. I ran the genset for several hours and then the alarm went off. I tried to clear the air but no go. Ended up having to shut down the generator. The next day I purchased the Camco "Gen-Turi" from a close by camping world and never had a problem after that. Spent the next 5 days of boondocking without incident.

Camping world has a price of $129 if you're a Good-Sam member. Best $129 I've ever spent. May have saved my life.

It may also mean that it's tune-up time for your genset. High CO could mean that the carb needs to be adjusted.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1993 33' Land Yacht
Midland , Michigan
What is a Gen-Tun, not familar with the term. Are you talking about the exhaust pipe that extends above the roof?

https://s1290.photobucket.com/user/gl...58808196506793
gloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:19 AM   #4
RAG
3 Rivet Member

2004 30' Land Yacht Gas 30
Canadensis , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloran View Post
What is a Gen-Tun, not familar with the term. Are you talking about the exhaust pipe that extends above the roof?
Yes gloran, that is correct; photo below:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	415RkCeEyXL._SS400_.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	172296   Click image for larger version

Name:	3153T2H1DYL._SS400_.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	172297  

RAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
Streamin'

1995 30' Cutter Bus LE
Madison , New Mexico
Build your Own Genturi Generator Exhaust Device

If you like building stuff, here's a link to a post on the Barth Custom Coach Forum from a guy who made his own Genturi generator exhaust device. It cost him about $30 (US). He posted some pictures a couple of posts below this link.

Home made Genturi - Topic
BarnacleBill is offline   Reply With Quote