Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Fort Erie , Ontario
Hi Dave

In my rig I put a 20" in the back on a swing arm which sits in the original box and mounted on two 10" shelf brackets attached to a 1/2" plywood piece to which the swing arm is attached. When in motion, I secured the TV with a flat bungee cord which is about an inch across and two eye bolts. This is a heavy duty type. This worked well on our trip last year. Still need to do some wiring work to use the existing coach speakers and the headphone thing adapter as the wiring is mono only and would be nice to have stereo. I will upload a couple of photos later. I will contact you from is.chowa@gmail.

Regards

Steve
is.chowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #42
Streamin'

1995 30' Cutter Bus LE
Madison , New Mexico
CRT replaced with Flat Screen

We replaced the old CRT TV with a Flat Screen. Here is a brief description.

When you remove the old style CRT TV there is quite a bit of space in the hole it was in. I built some shelves to hold the satellite receiver, the Xbox and the DVD player/recorder.

They now set in the bottom of the hole left by the old TV. I was going to make a bracket device so the new flat screen TV could be lowered over this equipment when we where under way, but it turned out that it was not necessary. The new TV is not in the way just permanently mounted above the other equipment. There is strong metal structure just above the hole the old TV was in that holds the new flat screen very securely even on those roads in Oklahoma City.

I will try to help with any questions you may have.

BarnacleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Oakland County , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnacleBill View Post
We replaced the old CRT TV with a Flat Screen. Here is a brief description.
B Bill,

Nice job.

Looks great!
Michigan
Michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Same thing here with the manual. I have the coach batteries in the front with no cutoff switch too. Planning on putting a knife switch inline with the + side battery terminal when I change out the coach batteries. I thought I just got the wrong manual for my unit. Bought the 92 36' LY used so I didn't have the luxury of having known what manual came with it. Upgrading the TV is one project that's coming soon. Nice to read this thread.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #45
Rivet Loser

La Ronge , Saskatchewan
12v/120v TV

We bought a Naxa 16" flat screen TV to replace the front unit in our '94 LY. It is wide format rather than the square format of the old TV, but will fit nicely in the space, with a little oak trim to neaten the job. Naxa make up to 19" TV's in this 12v/120v format, and get good reviews. Certainly the picture is very sharp on the one we bought. It can be run full time on 12v, which is my plan, so I would assume it could be used for a back-up monitor if desired. It has VGA, HDMI, USB, RCA and coax/RF connectors, so I don't know what you couldn't connect it to! Ours was purchased at Fred Meyer's in St. Helens, Oregon last November, for the vast sum of $79.98, on sale. Googling Naxa will find several retailers, mainly supplying long-haul truckers, but I notice the prices tend to be higher. If you are in the NW, check Freddy's first. P.S. Naxa also have models with built-in DVD players, but the "slot" is in the side, so we are using a separate player; good news is... there's going to be a huge compartment available behind the TV for whatever you want to put in it.
Punch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear view tv, motorhome, replace