Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

1995 33' Land Yacht
Lubbock , Texas
Thanks I will check to be sure . How much are they typically?
Old 12-31-2008, 10:06 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1993 33' Land Yacht
Midland , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotta View Post
Thanks I will check to be sure . How much are they typically?
I don't remember, they are not a pricey item. Your flooring looks great! Is this a wood laminate or vinyl locking product?

https://s1290.photobucket.com/user/gl...58808196506793
gloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

1995 33' Land Yacht
Lubbock , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloran View Post
I don't remember, they are not a pricey item. Your flooring looks great! Is this a wood laminate or vinyl locking product?
Thank you. The flooring is a vinyl product by Konecto. It is waterproof and you can actually feel the grain and knots in the vinyl planks.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
New Bern , North Carolina
TV & Inverter

I'm confused regarding the use of an inverter for the TV's. If you have a straight 120V TV, and an available 120 V receptacle, do you even need an inverter to watch TV with shore power or Gen?

Please excuse the question but it's because I don't understand the need for an inverter unless you need it for boondocking. Thanks to all.
Steve

Quote:
Scotta,
I also had to use an inverter on the front television, most new televisions draw less amps than the ones you are removing, so when you purchase the inverter or converter???? you know what I'm talking about make sure the amps are large enough to handle your new tv.
spat61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1993 33' Land Yacht
Midland , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spat61 View Post
I'm confused regarding the use of an inverter for the TV's. If you have a straight 120V TV, and an available 120 V receptacle, do you even need an inverter to watch TV with shore power or Gen?

Please excuse the question but it's because I don't understand the need for an inverter unless you need it for boondocking. Thanks to all.
Steve
Steve,
In order to get power to the new LCD I installed, the only power source available was a DC outlet (cigarette lighter type plug-in behind television under the dash) The old tube tv was an AC/DC and the new LCD is only AC.I had to use a portable inverter in order to plug into that outlet to make a power connection.
To answer your question, I wouldn't think an inverter would be necessary if your power source is only shore power or generator and you're plugging TV into a 120 V receptacle.
Randy

https://s1290.photobucket.com/user/gl...58808196506793
gloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

1993 33' Land Yacht
Spring , Texas
We have a 1993 Land Yacht MH and need some advice. I need to get to the dach ac fan and relays behind the tv in the center of the consoule. I use to have all this done but am retired now and have plenty of time on my hands. Could anyone tell me what all I have to take loose to get the tv out to acces what I need to? I have no high speed fan but the 3 lower speeds work ok, and the 30amp fuse that feeds to the hi speed fan relay is ok.
porourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #47
3 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Noblesville , Indiana
The dash A/C fan is actually behind the lower dash on the passenger side. First remove the caps holding the trim around the TV. then the screws and the trim should lift off. TV then just slides out (with some jockeying). I took out the glove box and all the trim around it as well, but can't remember if it was totally necessary. The screws for the lower piece of plywood are hard to get to, and you don't have to take all of them out, but that panel must swing out to access the fan and shroud. I also pulled off all the vent hoses as well, but be sure to put labels on where they go. Also taking out the glove box helped sort out wires as there were some modifications that had been done prior to my ownership and many wires went nowhere. The fan motor can be had at Autozone or Napa for around $25-30.
Good luck as at times it was frustrating, but I had other A/c problems and this was a small one compared to the compressor, various fuses, relays, thermostat and more. If I can help further, let me know.

John
Old 07-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #48
2 Rivet Member

1993 33' Land Yacht
Spring , Texas
OK - Thanks a bunch! I got the TV out ok this weekend but was looking on the drivers side! I am pretty sure the fan is ok because it runs in 3 speeds through the resistor setup but in hi speed you pull in the high speed fan relay and bypass the resistors for a full 12 v to the fan through a 30 Amp fuse. I hope the hi speed fan relay is close to the blower. With our coach being a 93 I may just goahead and replace the blower any way. My main thing is to find the high speed fan relay. If I can get it out I can put 12Vdc on the coil and check the contacts for closure. If I cant find it I may pester you again.

Pat O
porourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #49
2003 26' Land Yacht-"Bud"

coarsegold , California
Quote:
[ATTACH]Attachment 72845[/ATTACH]

When I removed the 13" tube television, the largest unit that would fit into the opening and still look factory was a 15"...snip.... I've included 2 pictures of the finished product.
Very Nice!!!!

I was stuck, for reasons of budget and simplicity, using the flat screen out of my office. I don't watch TV in the office, so I took the satellite box and the TV and wandered out to the LY...I had to buy an articulating mount, since the TV is too low when someone wants to watch in the front when the dinette is used as a bed. So, I got a Balt that's made for a presentation center of some sort (Staples on line has them). Now, it swings both up and over as much and more than I needed. I had to do some basic fabrication, but the TV sucks right into the hole. I used an oak towel rack cut to fit so the bottom of the TV rests on that and clamps in for safety during travel.

It was a fun project.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV1.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	85703   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	85704  

Click image for larger version