Old 06-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2005 30' Land Yacht Gas 30
Belgrade , Montana
File tank sensor

Anyone have an issue with the above and if so how did mechanic access the unit. I'm getting some erratic readings lately and talking to local shop to replace the unit starts with dropping the fuel tank but the rear jacks are in the way......

JMSx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member
1998 31' Land Yacht
lafayette , Colorado
fuel sensor

The sensor & pump are on what's referred to as a hanger unit & is inside the tank. Some will measure & cut an access thru the floor to get to it but it's meant to be serviced by dropping the tank. I just had the pleasure of doing this on my 98 30'. The jacks need to be removed to do this but they are easy- 3 bolts ea. I dropped the tank w/ 2 floor jacks, raised the MH some for more room, slid underneath pulled out the assy, pumped out the last 15 gals of fuel, cleaned out the tank, replaced pump & reassembled. Hope this helps you! Gary
garypk is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off