Old 03-23-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1996 30' Land Yacht
Benson , Arizona
Fantastic Fan differences?

I just missed a killer deal on the CW website - where they had the 2250 (equivalent?) fan with 3 spd, reversing, manual, and t-stat.

One question I had was that the motor appeared... different. In the CW catalog, all the motors are a pancake, low profile style. in the pic of the fan on sale, it was a taller, black canister type of motor. At the time I saw the low price, I could not find any info on the differences.

Did some checking last night, and could only find one kind-of answer is an Amazon review: The gent indicated that the black canisters are the older style; and much preferred over the pancake motors due to quietness.

There are more than a couple reviews of noise being an issue on the pancake motor versions.

Can anybody confirm this?

pago cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:08 AM   #2

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I can't comment specifically regarding the motors themselves but Fantastic Fan was acquired by Atwood in 2010. They were once known for their exceptional customer service normally replacing failed parts at no charge that were out of warranty. I've heard rumors that quality and customer service are not the same since the purchase. My own experience with the older products is nothing but quality. There were much like Zip-Dee who stands behind their products 100%.

Unfortunately large corporate buyouts of customer friendly businesses normally do not see a continuance of quality and customer service. The corporate bean counters usually find ways to extract the profit necessary to pay for their purchase.

You can do some Internet searches and find similar comments from many RV discussions relative to product quality and customer service since the buy out. I personally am not saying this specific product is bad, but the older products were always a full level above the competition.

Jack Canavera
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote