Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1995 34' Land Yacht LE
cincinnati , Ohio
Dyed carpet

I have a 1995 LY 34LE with perfectly good carpet. The only problem is the color- mauve. The kitchen and hall is in a dk cherry hardwood laminate. I took the carpet out of the main living area and replaced it with Trafficmaster laminate tiles, since that area has the most traffic. The padding in this area under the carpet was in such excellent shape that I just put the tile over the padding for extra cushion. It turned out very well. We modified this MH to accomodate our handicapped son who is in a wheelchair. Now that leaves the carpet up in the driver/passenger area and in the bedroom. I was thinking of dyeing the carpet a medium brown. Has anyone done this before?
paml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
Just rip it out and put new carpet in. It's likely polyester and as such wouldn't dye well anyway ......and there's no way I can think of to dye without copious amounts of water. Consider carpet squares, highly durable and replaceable if soiled.
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1995 34' Land Yacht LE
cincinnati , Ohio
Carpet squares wouldn't work up on the console, driver and passenger area. Too many cut outs for me to replace the carpet there. I don't think I can make it look professional. The bedroom wouldn't be a problem. I just thought dyeing might be a solution.
paml is offline   Reply With Quote