Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2014, 01:07 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1996 30' Land Yacht
Los Gatos , California
Dometic A/C controller board

Hello all,
I searched forums for some info, but no luck, so here goes.
Our '95 Land Yacht 30 foot had a leak at front roof A/C in January.
Water collected in the plastic air vent cover where the control board resides.
A/C is Dometic model 620215.321.
Controller board assy number 3105256.004.
Corrosion occurred causing loss of two pcb components.
Board is obsolete, replacement from Dometic is a new set of boards plus accessories for $800.
Board looks ok after good cleaning (alcohol and small brush).
I may be able to repair if I can identify values/ratings of the two parts.
Picture of lower right corner shows F1 and C4 missing.
I apologize for fuzzy pics, poor camera.
Believe F1 is axial lead fuse and C4 (capacitor) most likely 0.01 or 0.1uF probably to control back emf when relay switches states.
I can guess at both, but if someone has a clear photo of the pcb showing that area or a schematic of the pcb assy with values, that would be much better.
Dometic cannot supply schematic or values for the pcb (couple hours phone time to find that out).
They were able to provide wiring diagrams for connections between the controller board, motor and compressor, but I need the pcb detail schematic diagram.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC_PCB_01.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	212953   Click image for larger version

Name:	AC_PCB_04.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	212954  

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC_PCB_06.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	212955  
cruzaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:24 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
You can buy an complete new AC for $800. You could just put a manual thermostat in there and nix the board all together. I would see if you can find an electronics tech to look at it. You might even be able to take it to a local community college and see if they want to troubleshoot it in one of their tech classes. It looks pretty simple. The only thing that would keep you from fixing it is if it has an EPROM chip that has a custom program on it. If that chip is toast then you can't do much with it. What is the function of the board. Is it part of a integrated comfort control system that controls the furnace and the AC or what? There are many times aftermarket boards for these things. Dinosaur makes replacement boards for a lot of the Dometic stuff that are better than the originals.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote