Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Henrietta , New York
Dinette sleeping

Greetings,

Still hunting for an Airstream Class A. One ad included the measurements for the dinette sleeping area and it seemed less than my 5'9" height. Both my kids will shortly be taller than I am (they are 11 & 13). Mom scrapes 6'.

Can you provide some feedback on sleeping arrangements for a family of 4 in the Class A 30' or 33' floor-plan. I really like these floor plans. Shopping 1996-2003 model years.

I am a tent camper now, and would myself be comfortable sleeping outside year round (I like winter camping - no bugs!). Could also just get used to whomever gets the dinette not being able to stretch. We have cots too, but not sure if they'd fit. Could double up on the sofa but having son & daughter so close is not usually peaceful.

Thank you!

jh
jshaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
If the rear has a queen bed then it should be a full sized queen. That shouldn't be an issue since it's 80" long and sleeps two nicely. There should also be a lounge that converts into a bed. That should be long enough as well.

The dinette will be just a little shorter I think. I've never used the dinette, since I hate having to take down the dinette every night, but it looks like it would be a tad short for anyone near 6' but not by much. You could also put down a sleeping bag in the hallway if the dinette option doesn't work.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
One person in the dinette can sleep diagonally and pick up quite a bit of space.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
RAG
3 Rivet Member

2004 30' Land Yacht Gas 30
Canadensis , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92landyacht View Post
If the rear has a queen bed then it should be a full sized queen. That shouldn't be an issue since it's 80" long and sleeps two nicely.
Double check on the queen length. Our '04 Land Yacht 30 has an original equipment 75" queen.
RAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
AS must have shortened the bed size since 92. Mine is a full size queen. I just replaced the matress in July.

Bottom line... Take a tape measure with you.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Oakland County , Michigan
Sorry to be the bearer of sad news, but the vast majority of Airstreams, both TT's and MH's are made for only two people.

We have a 2005 ASLYG 30 SO. I am 5' 5" and just barely fit on the sofa when lying down. I have to take the armrests off in order to stretch out.

We had the dinette originally, but swapped it out for the permanent corian table. The dinette, when folded down was way too short for anyone but a child or petite adult to sleep on.

Don't get me wrong, we LOVE our MH! It's just that it really only fits two people on the "queen" (which is shorter than our queen at home) and maybe one on the sofa.

When our kids come along, the first thing we do when we get to our site is have them pitch their tents. The DW and I then get the MH all to ourselves.

Good luck with your search.
Michigan
Michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
That's funny since we removed the sofa arm rest near the captains chair too.