Old 09-27-2014, 11:09 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
2005 30' Land Yacht Gas 30
Near the water , Wa
White vacuum hoses...

After finding the relay and bad fuse, still chasing max a/c, discovered the white vacuum hose was powder.... Need to take out the center dashboard locker again, so the flap will close correctly.... This might be the end of the issue, maybe......

Old 09-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
I found vacuum hose that runs from switch under the dash to the outside of the a/c under the hood, was disconnected with a 12 inch piece missing. found two 6 inch pieces on the motor where rodent had started nest building. When reconnected it still wouldn't close flap, with tv out I could trace the vacuum hose behind the dash, found tooth hole in the middle of the run by running finger down the tube.
Suggest you pull the 5 tubes off switch and somehow pressure or vacuum check each one.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Near the water , Wa
Wow, thanks for the tip, off to parts store for hose. Just sucked on the white vacuum hose and flap will close correctly. Got to get this working.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:02 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1998 31' Land Yacht
lafayette , Colorado
Just got home w/ a 98 no 4th speed, no dash air no air flow from 2 upper vents. Found the 4th speed wire connector broken off battery, recharged a/c, took out tv & took apart hose lines to venting. A critter (pack rat) clogged the heater distribution box & 2lines with nuts. Caught him on a glue board, sucked out all lines & box, problem solved.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Excella
Ontario , Canada
Thanks to all the input from everyone I now have 4 speeds working on the dash a/c,heater fan switch. The problem that I found with the high speed setting was in the wiring from the battery into the inline fuse. I could move it around and the fan would start and stop. Will replace within the next day or so.
But the 20 amp fuse in this inline fuse holder gets extremly hot. any comments??

For all those who have or are attempting to replace that little white vacuum hose, have you found a place to buy it?? If so where??
Cannot find one that small.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Near the water , Wa
Hose source

Yes, now that mine is working, yipee.... 7/64" hose, available at carquest, 55 cents a foot, 9 feet did mine, goes right on the vacuum motor and fits right over the white vacuum hose, routed away from the hot radiator. I also had to replace the vacuum /switch unit as mine would not blow out and work.
Hot fuse means bad connection, I replaced my fuse holder and fuse, 30 amp, as per the dwg, got a marine style one, waterproof, at west marine.
Cold air, 51 degrees at the Vents as per my ir thermometer and smiling right seater, this was so worth it, even the puppy stopped panting....
Old 10-20-2014, 12:24 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Bella, Dave, Thanks. My "hose" mostly a crescent, about half of it has just crumbled away.

A couple of weeks ago we took a long weekend, just about 100 miles to Calistoga at the north end of Napa Valley. It was about 95 degrees, and my a/c was blowing "cool" air. One of the longest 100 mile drives I have done, and only slightly better headed home. Now I will replace the hose and hope that is my only issue remaining.

I couldn't use the gen set/roof air: the gen set needs work, will only run for about 20 minutes. Maybe next week's project, just (finally) did a water dump and sanitize. The Napa Valley Fairground RV park had water that was not drinkable, but I had to put some in my tank and use the pump to work the sewer solution and spray out the black tank.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:42 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraYacht View Post
Bella, Dave, Thanks. My "hose" mostly a crescent, about half of it has just crumbled away.

A couple of weeks ago we took a long weekend, just about 100 miles to Calistoga at the north end of Napa Valley. It was about 95 degrees, and my a/c was blowing "cool" air. One of the longest 100 mile drives I have done, and only slightly better headed home. Now I will replace the hose and hope that is my only issue remaining.

I couldn't use the gen set/roof air: the gen set needs work, will only run for about 20 minutes. Maybe next week's project, just (finally) did a water dump and sanitize. The Napa Valley Fairground RV park had water that was not drinkable, but I had to put some in my tank and use the pump to work the sewer solution and spray out the black tank.
UPDATE: I replaced the white hose in the engine compartment first, hoping I did not have to fish the thick vacuum hose through the firewall, and just had a very pleasant trip to the NorCal Casini Ranch Rally.