Thanks for the advice.
Do you remember the washers sizes?

Daniel

Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #16
"Alumi-holic"

1982 31' Airstream 310
Memphis , Tennessee
Countdown to Shakedown

DW has decided she wants the TV installed in the cockpit. Will fab up mount tonight.

Replaced the former microwave with a Stainless Microwave/Convection Oven. Luckily it slid right in with a "little nudge". Will trim out tonight.

Shampooed the carpets front to back and installed mattress pads, sheets, etc...

Nice new towels for the shower and bathroom.

Up at 0400 hours, decided to initiate provisioning of the galley. Rounded up extra pots & pans, plates, flatware, cups, etc...and stowed into the drawers under the stove. Extra Dish Soap, cleansers, etc...under the sink.

Repaired Shower Door (missing screws)

Planned for Wednesday, trial-run of all household systems.

Come on Friday!

Daniel

Old 04-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
cesalie,
Please tell us where you found your convection/microwave?
Thanks, Derek
Old 04-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Oakland County , Michigan
Wow, what a great thread! Welcome to the forums. Your enthusiasm is contagious.Please keep us posted on your travels, hope you have a safe and wonderful trip.
Michigan
Michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #19
"Alumi-holic"

1982 31' Airstream 310
Memphis , Tennessee
Thank you, to all for your encouragement. I have read and re-read so many of the threads in this forum and learned so much.

Derek,
GE Microwave/convection oven, purchased at Burks Outlet...open box but it worked fine in the store.
---
Tonite, DW and I went shopping for fold up lawn chairs. Found wrought iron folding chairs at Target, on sale!

Like a kid in the candy store, picked up lots of odds-and-ends...percolator coffee pot, crock pot, rice steamer, etc...

Son found my small propane grill (wonder how it disappeared?). Fits perfectly in one of the basement storage bins.

Replaced several bulbs in storage bins. Had to repair wiring in generator bin for light.

Wednesday night, trial run of all systems. Plan to cook dinner, take a shower, watch a movie on the LCD and sleep on the new mattress.

Still much to do, can't wait to get started in the morning.

Daniel
Old 04-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1993 33' Land Yacht
Midland , Michigan
Nice looking MH, it sure helps being handy and mechanical when you own one. I'm sure your enjoying working on the improvements to bring her back into great shape. Keep us posted on your updates, and more pictures.
Randy

i

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/gl...58808196506793
gloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #21
RAG
3 Rivet Member

2004 30' Land Yacht Gas 30
Canadensis , Pennsylvania
Welcome to The Forum, cesalie2! Sorry I’m late on the Welcome, but we’re in the middle of our first “See-Trials" with the new rig in VA; you know “try" everything and “see" what doesn’t work. So far, so good.

Sounds like you have it all under control and your purchase sure looks to be a great one; wish you the best of luck on your first outing.

There’re great people here on the forum and they're always willing to help.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #22

1996 32' Cutter Bus
Petaluma , California
I don't remember the exact sizes for the rubber washers in the plumbing. The best thing to do is inspect them all. You will find bad ones... just take the bad ones to a decent rv supply store and they should have replacements. Unfortunately, some of them aren't carried by regular hardware stores. Buy extras. Like the rubber cone washer behind the toilet... the nice guy at Ace Hardware showed me many of them, but none were correct. Then a trip to Koch Bros. in Long Beach (while on vacation) was the solution. Physically check your on-demand water pump and filter too, check all plumbing in the sinks for leaks, winter by-pass for hot water heater, etc. Don't forget all the plumbing outside where the water and sewer connections are.

Also, be sure to read ALL the motorhome forums here. My Cutter is in the "flat-face" category.... and the Cutter came with instructions for a Land Yacht because they didn't make any instructions for the Cutter. I'm not sure why Air Forums decided to seperate the two.... I would have seperated them by Aluminum Vs. Fiberglass. Also check out IRV2 as well. It's huge, but there's sections for your chassis (not sure if you have a Workhorse, Ford, etc). Good Luck and have fun!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #23
"Alumi-holic"

1982 31' Airstream 310
Memphis , Tennessee
Michigander,

I am pleased to have the opportunity to share our experiences with the forum members. It appears my exuberance and enthusiasm has energized my DW, kids and grandchildren. The family pops over each night to see what mischief I am getting into.

Cooked dinner for everyone in the Moho, a bit tight for 4 adults and 5 kids. We had a blast!

Note: the igniter for the cooktop failed to spark. Pulled the top, discovered the wire was disconnected from the emitter. Grabbed the leatherman reattached the wire and voila! We have spark!

Gloran,
Have followed your posts and learned as well.

Rag,
Good luck with your "See-Trials". We are counting down the hours until Friday.

AdamB,
Thank you, for the advice on the washers. I like the tip on buying extras. We are sleeping in the RV as a dry-run.

So far, have verified water pump works. All faucets perform as expected and no leaks as yet. Cooked dinner, so check on the cooktop and microwave/convection oven, hood light and fan,

Refrigerator and freezer are working great. Furnace kept the Interior warm. Had to turn on A/C when the grandkids wanted to play Wii Sports.

Family left at 8, so I got to check out the shower.

More to come.

Daniel
Old 04-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #24
"Alumi-holic"

1982 31' Airstream 310
Memphis , Tennessee
Here are some "work-in-progress" photos...

Cooktop igniter inop:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1995 Land Yacht Cooktop.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	156148

Microwave/Convection Oven:

Name:	1995 Land Yacht Microwave.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	156149

My hired help:

Name:	1995 Land Yacht Can I Help.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	156150

Happy to report last nights "dry-run" was uneventful, can't ask for anything more. I slept like a rock on the new pillowtop.

Could not find any water leaks from sinks, shower, pump, inlet & toilet.

Heater & A/C performed as hoped for...

Friday is the big day!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #25
"Alumi-holic"

1982 31' Airstream 310
Memphis , Tennessee
Oops, photos are a bit skewed...let's try that again.

Cooktop:

Name:	1995 Land Yacht Cooktop.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	156152

Microwave:

Name:	1995 Land Yacht Microwave.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	156153

My hired help:

Name:	1995 Land Yacht Can I Help.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	156151

Hope it works...
Old 04-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #26
"Alumi-holic"

1982 31' Airstream 310
Memphis , Tennessee
Did you ever have one of those days?
Attempted to fill the fresh water tank. Inserted hose, turned on faucet and watched the water spill out of the inlet. Well, isn't that special!

Checked system monitor, tank was low. Popped open the panel under the bed and the drain valves are in their proper position.

When all else fails read the manual. Ha! That didn't work. So, pulled out the screw gun and removed the screws securing the plywood for the bed. Yep, confirmed fresh water tank needed filling. Hoses not kinked. Removed the vent hose and what do you know...that sucker was clogged.

Grabbed the air hose and nozzle and blew that sucker out. Inserted water hose and yes it works. Cleaned up my mess, finished stowing the last of the provisions and called it a night.

Will take a few hours off from work tomorrow and perform all those last minute chores before we shove off.

I don't know about you, but I am tired.

Daniel
Old 04-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #27
"Alumi-holic"

1982 31' Airstream 310
Memphis , Tennessee
DW had to work late and didn't get home until 1800 hours. I was chomping at the bit and quickly loaded her two bags...and we're off!

Daniel
Old 04-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #28
"Alumi-holic"

1982 31' Airstream 310
Memphis , Tennessee
We drove about 1-1/2 hours to Lake Enid in MS. Rained most of the way and "Katy" performed admirably. Set up camp and prepared dinner, Steak & Shrimp Kabobs with peppers and onions, Mmmmmmmm!

It rained most of the night but we were warm and dry. Checked the ceiling from front to back, Eternabond Tape did its job we'll. Thanks to the forum members for that great advice!

If the weather clears, will raise the awning and test that system. Hope to fire up the grill for hamburgers and hot dogs today.

I am pleased to say that we have not encountered any issues as yet.

Daniel