Old 01-19-2016, 01:13 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Great Falls , Montana
Interesting comments here. I also have a 1997 Land Yacht WB with the upgraded 275hp Cummings diesel. It does have the "wait to start" light on the dash but am unaware if it has an engine heater. Where should I be looking to find the connection if it exists?

I brought it to Montana from NC and try to start it up weekly during the winter. So far, only problem has been if the batteries were weak. This weekend I had to use the coach batteries for start up. Any updated info would be appreciated.

Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:20 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member
1976 29' Ambassador
Fitchburg , Wisconsin

Not sure if this applies to your rig but in my 1999 2500 Ram the Cummins had a block heater installed at the factory but no cord from the heater with a 110V plug. It's low on the side of the block on the exhaust (right side in the truck). A cord is available from Genos truck parts which screws on the outside of the block, if present. Ihope this is helpful to you.

dennis3751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:50 AM   #17
Rivet Master
2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina

Look at the air inlet where it attaches to the cylinder head. It should have two good sized cables hooked to grid heaters that are in the airflow just before the head. The grid heaters cycle on, light shows on dash, wait for it to go off turn key and Cummins music starts.

It's also why starting fluid is a huge no no on this engine.

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is online now   Reply With Quote